Confused about Touch Screen Beep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Confused about Touch Screen Beep

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
i20sailor
2014 WK 

Confused about Touch Screen Beep

I have the touch screen beep set to "on". I don't see any way to adjust the volume of the beep. Seems to be linked to current volume settings and dependant on volume of source used. I'm getting very loud beeps when using cell phone hands free because I have the that volume to almost max. I'm getting very low or no beeps when in media mode because volume level is set much lower.
This is very strange. Beep volume in my other cars can be adjusted independent from audio source.
Am I missing something?

i20sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
jacko15
2014 WK 

I set the beep to "off". I find it annoying, and not in the least bit useful. I've done the same to all of my devices.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
MattXJ
2014 WK 

No, I don't think so. The behaviour you're describing is consistent with the way mine behaves as well.

I had the same issue with it being overly loud when using my phone in hands-free. So I found a setting within my phone to increase the volume when in "phone call" mode, which allowed me to lower the UConnect volume during phone calls.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.