Close to buying 2012 JGC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Close to buying 2012 JGC

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
fotomatt1

Close to buying 2012 JGC

So I've been going back and forth with the dealer via email, and I haven't been able to decide between a Laredo X and a Limited, and also 3.6L or Hemi. It turns out that he has a fully optioned Laredo X with a Hemi due in with the following options:

Select Terrain
Power Liftgate / Moonroof
Chrome Edition
Backup Camera
Bluetooth
Nav
Aluminum Polished Wheels
Trailer Tow Package

It has a sticker of $43,200.

The dealer told me he can give a better lease deal on Laredo X's than Limiteds, so even though this car has a higher sticker than many Limiteds, the lease will be lower.

Anyway, is it silly to lease a Laredo X with this many options vs. getting a Limited? Also, I'm a little concerned about fuel economy of the Hemi, although some people have said that the V6 is a little underpowered and therefore gets worse mileage. Not really sure which direction to go in here, since I can probably get a V6 Laredo X with a couple less options and save even more. Any input? This is my first post here, but hopefully the first of many.

Thanks in advance!

fotomatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
supersport126
1984 CJ7 

I just bought a 2012 and I really like it. Basic Laredo model, payed 31,500. The 3.6 runs pretty well I must say, plenty of power IMO. For myself I wanted to spend as little as possible and today's "basic" model's are pretty tricked out. I still got heated mirrors and SIRIUS radio! The bluetooth works well and actually gets used.

Cons: with the back windows down if sound like your in a helicopter. Push to Start is cool for about 3 days. Keyless entry is the same, if you keep your keys in your hand.. where do you put them when driving? If your pocket or purse is the answer then you find yourself getting home and forgetting to pull your keys out to open the front door lol. Makes you want a keyless house.
supersport126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
dmaccioc
2011 WK 

I debated Laredo X vs Limited as well. I'd tell you to go Limited if HIDs and a tan interior are important to you. For me, neither was that important so went with Laredo X, V6. It's your money and your taste, so only you know best. I'm very happy with my Laredo X, though, and I'm coming from a BMW 3-series.

V6 vs V8, that's your call also. I have the V6 and 92% of the time I think it has plenty of power, including highway passing. If you have a lot of hills by you and you're a bit of a speed demon, I'd say go Hemi. But definitely feel the V6 is more then adequate for pushing around this 5000 pound vehicle. Highway mileage has hit 24 and I have less than 4k miles. No complaints!

Enjoy your search.
dmaccioc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
JVBW0527
2012 WK 

I also had the same dilemma when i bought mine, laredo x vs. limited. I did know that i wanted the V6 though. to me it came down to the few extra options that the limited has like the HID's, memory, chrome, and I wanted beige interior, plus i really wanted the adaptive cruise. to me both vehicles have most of the same basics, like the leather heated seats, nav, sunroof etc. it's just if you want those little extras the limited offers.
JVBW0527 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
rockspyder
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersport126 View Post
Makes you want a keyless house.
That's what universal home connect is fore (or whatever the three buttons on the overhead is called).
rockspyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.