Clips in cargo area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Clips in cargo area

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 06-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
wengerlaw

Clips in cargo area

I just bought a 2014 GC Overland. There are a pair of round clips mounted on the left and right walls of the rear cargo area. Can anyone tell me what these clips are for? I've been researching online but can't find an answer. Thanks.

wengerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

If they're the ones I think you're asking about, they're for hanging bags on so your groceries don't go rolling all over the place.
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
wengerlaw

Cool thanks. That makes sense. They don't look sturdy enough to hold much weight.
wengerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The top of the cargo net attaches to the round clips (wraps around). The other hooks there and behind the front seats are for hanging bags.
Unread 06-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
FranksWK
2005 WK 

I use them for allittle creat i have to keep small stuff in to keep from rolling around. But i think they are for a mesh basket type thing that goes feom one side to the other...
FranksWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Justal13
2012 WK 

Yes, I have the envelope-style cargo net that spans from side to side from the round "tabs" at the top and the metal loops at the bottom of the inside hatch opening. You can pick one up on eBay for under $50 new, but I see used ones for less all the time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-C...#ht_1432wt_904

The little "hooks" in the cargo area are to hang the handles of those plastic bags you get at the store. Best luck.
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The cargo net should have come with the Overland, I think.
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #8
Scooby1
2012 WK 

Yep... my 2012 Overland came with one.
Scooby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #9
13ovsummit
2013 WK 

^^^ - As did my 2013 Overland ...

Rob
13ovsummit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #10
jd_warren

Anyone try to mount the envelope cargo net along the left side of the cargo area? I just bought a 2014 and it has all the points to attach across the tailgate area but there's no mooring point on the sidewall by the back seat. Has anyone attached a hook or pin up on the side by the back seat to use the net on the sidewall? Any recommendations?

The goal being I'd like to have the net available to put small things in without having to lift over it all the time when it's across the tailgate.
jd_warren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.