Chrome Bumper Molding - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Chrome Bumper Molding

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 03-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

Chrome Bumper Molding

JustforJeeps is offering a Mopar Chrome bumper molding part that it says in the description - "The chrome bumper molding comes standard on the Limited and Overland versions but can be added to the Laredo with modification." Anyone have any idea what kind of modification they're referring to? How difficult? I have a Laredo and would really like to add this piece.

http://www.justforjeeps.com/chbumo1.html

sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
JerseyOverland

It might be just making two screw holes, or it might be held on with 3M tape. I would not consider the latter a modification though.
JerseyOverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 12:30 AM   #3
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Probably bolt holes or a cutout of some sort. The front air dame removes for offroad, it might just fit without modification.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
Slingshot12
2011 WK 

Chrome Bumper Molding

I'm interested in the Chome Bumper molding also, anyone have any info?
Slingshot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
Dabitz

I remember when I had the Commander all I had to do was screw in two bolds and break off two clips on the back of the molding. It was a piece of cake. I wouldn't expect this to be any difficult at all.
Dabitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #6
radside
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sost1sg View Post
JustforJeeps is offering a Mopar Chrome bumper molding part that it says in the description - "The chrome bumper molding comes standard on the Limited and Overland versions but can be added to the Laredo with modification." Anyone have any idea what kind of modification they're referring to? How difficult? I have a Laredo and would really like to add this piece.

http://www.justforjeeps.com/chbumo1.html
I did this mod...not that hard but you have to cut off a few clips and drill a few holes and/or use double stick tape. I did both. Check out the link below for more info. ok, the link isn't working. Substitute jeep garage in place of the asterisks. I've copied a little from the thread below.

It's available on emopar.com. However the part that shipped did not match the picture on the website and did not fit the Laredo. The fascia on the website had holes in it for the plastic push pins. The fascia I received and the ones in the dealer stock had plastic clips. I believe the shipped part was for the 2010 models because it had WK on it. I talked to the parts department and they were at a loss. Apparently the bottom valence on the limited and overland is different from the valence on the Laredo...could be for the 2010 models also. However, I made it fit by cutting off the clips and drilling holes in the fascia. It turned out pretty good but the fascia is a little smaller than the ones on the limited because it doesn't quite reach as far back as the GCs that shipped with the fascia.

http://www.**********.org/showthread.php?t=13495
20 inch SRT Rep w/275 45/20 tires
MOPAR chrome side steps
radside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #7
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

thanks for the info guys. I spoke to the sales rep at justforjeeps and he also said the same thing - cut off a few clips and drill a few holes. Now just not sure i want to pay $170 for a piece of plastic!! I do like the way it looks though.
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 08:13 AM   #8
nickthom33
2007 WK 

It's actually quite simple. I would not recommend using 3m tape or screwing it
On the fascia. The install is exactly like the towing hitch bezel.

Take off the lower fascia - this requires you to remove then plastic rivots on the fenders, then pull back the mud flaps. There is one plastic turn bolt on each side that holds the lower fascia to the bumper, remove those first. And then remove the pull pins at the bottom. Once that's complete, pull kinda hard on one end of the lower fascia to dislodge it. Once you get closer to center, you'll have to use a screwdriver with a cloth over it and seperate the bumper from lower fascia until it pulls off. Be careful and take your time here!!

Okay so once it's off, clean the back side with windex or something and you'll see a template for cutting. (Ahhhh jeep is smart like that) All you have to do is get a drill or a drivel and cut the pieces out. Don't worry about it being clean cuts, you'll never see it!. After the cuts have been made, slide the chrome valance into place and done!

But how does it attach? You'll have to go to a dealership and go to the collision center or parts and ask for some slide pins. These slide pins go into the slots or tabs on the back of the chrome valance and sandwich it to the plastic piece.

I will try to get some pics up soon.
nickthom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 07:09 PM   #9
nickthom33
2007 WK 

nickthom33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.