Check engine light 14 jgc - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Check engine light 14 jgc

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #16
Dealer24028

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRush View Post
Overreaction much?
This.

Dealer24028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2014, 07:51 AM   #17
infinitied
2014 WK 

Check engine light !!! Wtf

add me to the list. Check engine light came on @ 900 miles. everything seem ok , alittle harsh down shifting sometimes but thats about it. who has time to bring the truck to the dealer, this is why i bought a new car !!!
i knew i should of went with a jap car! lol
infinitied is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #18
ZX-10R
2014 WK 

Warranty time! No problem or anything at 1500+miles!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #19
eddjeep2014

Add me to the list...check engine light on at ~2,350 miles in our 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 V6. Light came on 5/13, called dealer and first available appointment is 5/20. Dealer also said probably minor issue like gas cap (no cap though). Despite that, I opened and closed the fuel door and light remains on. First car for my wife and I in over 10 years and we've loved it until now. Hopefully this is a minor issue and a quick fix so we can continue being proud new Jeep owners...to be continued.
eddjeep2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2014, 06:30 AM   #20
eddjeep2014

Update - despite the check engine light being on for almost a week, on 5/19 the check engine light did not come on...still brought vehicle into service to see if they could tell us what the problem was...told it was related to Evap System Small Leak code. Informed the vehicle checks every 50 miles, must have had a small leak near fuel door / gas cap (service tech didn't know the vehicle did not have a fuel cap) and so it reset itself. They did not perform the TSB on this issue. We expressed concern over it happening again, and explained that we'd make another appointment and bring it in if the light comes on again. The tech was confident it would not be an issue for us again. We shall see... Nonetheless, for a new car owner, a check engine light is concerning.
eddjeep2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #21
classyjeeper

We've had our check engine light reset 4 times on our 14 JGC Diesel. Each time it is some type of code error.

The only modification done is that we removed the mufflers. But there aren't any sensors on them.

Could this cause the engine light to come on?
classyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #22
SouthDakota
Jeep Owner Since 2006

2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyjeeper View Post
We've had our check engine light reset 4 times on our 14 JGC Diesel. Each time it is some type of code error.

The only modification done is that we removed the mufflers. But there aren't any sensors on them.

Could this cause the engine light to come on?
What are the exact error codes it gives you? Without knowing that, its hard to say what is causing the issues.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
5.7L Hemi V8, Luxury Group II, Navigation
SouthDakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 02:17 PM   #23
classyjeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthDakota
What are the exact error codes it gives you? Without knowing that, its hard to say what is causing the issues.

Code reader says: P20EE
classyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #24
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

SCR NOx Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold seems to be a common code with diesels, mostly an irritant. If real it could be DEF pump, low quality DEF, or the catalytic converter itself... but you'd need a dealer to figure it out.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.