Check engine on 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Check engine on 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Davidson881

Check engine on 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

It's been cold, but I had the block heater plugged in and when I started it up, the check engine light came on.

Is there any way to get the code without a scanner on the new Jeep Grand Cherokees?

Thanks.

Davidson881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
volvite
1999 WJ 

Brand new. Take it to the dealer.
volvite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
Davidson881

That would be my instinct, however I'm about 3000km away from the dealer right now, in the Yukon...
Davidson881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
ecupip

I thought someone had mentioned you could still get the codes like the WKI, not sure of that process though. It is just an emissions function that has malfunctioned anyways, you will be fine to drive the car until you can make it to the dealer.
ecupip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
Texas WJ
Web Wheeler

2005 WK 

You could try this:
Quote:
Retrieving codes (2005-2010 Grand Cherokee): Insert and turn the ignition key from "Off" to "On" three times, moderately fast and without pausing ("ON" is when the digital odometer displays):
Tip: use the "count to 5" method, where "1" is the first "On":
Off > On > Off > On > Off > On
0 1 2 3 4 5
0 - Insert key (Off)
1 - On
2 - Off
3 - On
4 - Off
5 - On
At the third "On" the odometer display will read "DTC REPORT" and list the codes. If no codes are present the message "Done" will appear.
It can take several times to get it right. Also, make sure to do this with the door closed.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.