Carpet Replacement on 2013 GC Limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Carpet Replacement on 2013 GC Limited

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-21-2013, 03:30 AM   #1
WhiskeysJeep

Question Carpet Replacement on 2013 GC Limited

Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking as board visitor for quite a while, and this is my first post. The important thing first - I want to thank all the really knowledgeable regulars on this forum, for the wealth of information I've learned from you all. This is a terrific forum, and I am glad to *finally* *maybe* be pulling the plug on my jeep purchase, after over a year of indecision.

I say *maybe* because the thing I keep coming back to, is the thing that has been holding me back. It's hard for me to rationalize 40K+ for anything I can't outfit exactly as I want.

What my question is, is what kind of money would I be talking about to have the carpet replaced, (entire vehicle), after purchase? Assumming I took to a professional, would it still look 'brand new'? Is this a huge job? any impacts to warranty?

Basic gist is - I want to replace out the black carpet with the tan carpet that is being offered on the 2014 overlands. The jeep pretty much has everything else I want and 2013's are hard to find with the option packages I was interested. But my constant jeep companion is my German Shepherd, and the fur on that black is going to be driving me to distraction outside of a month, I am sure.

Thanks - Any info/insight is very much appreciated.

WhiskeysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #2
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

It might be cheaper

Just to get the 2014 Overland. Question is the carpet avaliable? I have a rough blue merle collie girl and her white, gray, black and tan fur on the black carpet doesnt bother me. And I will probably be getting a sable smooth boy soon too.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #3
WhiskeysJeep

I know. I have spent multiple hours at the dealership near my house, before they open, trying trying trying to like the 2014. I just can't get there with the new grille. Especially when I see a 2013 and a 2014 side by side in the lot.
WhiskeysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
eibyer

Maybe it will cost you less if you just took on repainting the grill of the 2014 to your liking?
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
ChrisOC

Have you thought about getting a set of weather tech (?) mats and one for the cargo area. The mats go up the side a little bit and could save you a big hassle and money. I know your pain about dog hair though, luckily my chocolate labs hair doesn't fall out as much as my other labs did.
ChrisOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
jcool1985

I agree. Get the weather tech mats or husky liners they will cover the whole cargo area and all carpet rear seats and front and they will protect the carpet and keep it clean from you, passengers, and the dogs. Recommend a pet barrier to keep fido in the cargo area so he does not tear the leather or get some thick seat covers to protect the seats if you have to have him on the seats. All those products will still be cheaper than new carpet and will enable you to keep the carpet clean too. Check out AutoAnything.com they have a pretty good selection.
jcool1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.