A/C issue ... frustrating dealer response - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > A/C issue ... frustrating dealer response

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
newtoncd8
2012 WK 

A/C issue ... frustrating dealer response

I took my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee (23,100 miles) in to get two A/C issues looked at.

1) When using remote start, the A/C did not kick on.
2) When driving for extended periods, the unit has reduced airflow and is not blowing cold air

They fixed #1 with no problem at all. The invoice says "23069 TSB - 24-002-12 0.20 Flashed HVAC controller with new software for remote start issue".

For problem #2, they said it was likely freezing up and not to run the unit on high. After disagreeing with him, I mentioned the TSB (24-003-12) that specifically addresses the problem I am having with having the A/C on for extended periods and reduced airflow. After I showed him the TSB, he stated the TSB only applied to vehicles with "manual temperature control" and mine has "automatic temperature control". I mentioned I could override and switch to manual mode.

<TSB 24-002-12 is dated 25 Oct 2012 and TSB24-003-12 is dated 30 Oct 2012>

I will admit I was getting a bit frustrated as I am getting ready to go on a long trip and don't want to experience this problem again.

My question that the service adviser was unable to answer. When the tech "flashed HVAC controller with new software for remote issue" did that encompass all updates as of the latest software load or did it only address the remote start issue? In other words, will it also fix problem #2?

Can anyone help? Thank you.

Last edited by newtoncd8; 07-25-2014 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: updated tsb info
newtoncd8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
chickdr
2014 WK 

I guess you will be the judge of that on your trip. If it still isn't fixed maybe you should call Jeep corporate and ask how to best address the issue. Maybe ask "Jeep Cares" on this forum as well.
chickdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2014, 02:26 PM   #3
newtoncd8
2012 WK 

Just in case others wanted to know, I took the Jeep back in this morning and the tech advised that the TSB update for the remote also encompassed all other updates (it was not just a single update for that TSB) to the HVAC system. I guess we will see if that is true in a few days.
newtoncd8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2014, 03:28 AM   #4
KickRocks
2013 WK 

up until a few days ago, I thought my remote start "comfort setting" wasn't working.. but read up online and found that it has to be in the "Auto" setting for it to fire up on remote start. Also the AC works 1000000X better in Auto-Lo vs. manual Lo.
KickRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2014, 04:05 AM   #5
HSTNJEEP
2013 WK 

How so? Just more efficient? I am still experimenting with settings.

2013 WK2 Laredo, 3.6, Mineral Gray
2004 WJ Special Edition, 4.0, Graphite Metallic
HSTNJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2014, 04:26 AM   #6
KickRocks
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTNJEEP View Post
How so? Just more efficient? I am still experimenting with settings.
Yeah, it leaves the compressor on until it reaches the temp setting you have set. Plus the blowers are on highest setting while in auto. It's definitely colder on auto
KickRocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.