Bushwacker WK2 flares - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Bushwacker WK2 flares

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 06-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #16
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon721 View Post
It's seen more than pavement, though I can't trust it as much as I did the Rubicon I traded in on it. I don't do any hardcore, get-winched-out mud bogs or rock crawls. Everything else is fair game, relatively competent in 4WL and first gear, and I've never noticed anything getting in the way. The MPG was bad before I went big, it's a Hemi. That **** doesn't economize. But honestly, no one has ever suggested fascia winglet removal before. I'll keep it in mind -- if I see a need, I'll do it.
Oh I totally get that. I do. For me, as I do not care too much about MPG unless it like dropped to 5 miles per gallon, was the look of them. They just look silly to me especially on a WK2 that is all purty with nice wheels and tires, a lift, etc, etc. My two cents but it is like the stock bumper on a Wrangler (mainly JK/JKU) with a lift and larger tires...it just looks dumb especially if it is being taken offroad which most of the time it seems the mall crawlers are the only ones that drop money on everything except the bumpers.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
shannon721
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01

Oh I totally get that. I do. For me, as I do not care too much about MPG unless it like dropped to 5 miles per gallon, was the look of them. They just look silly to me especially on a WK2 that is all purty with nice wheels and tires, a lift, etc, etc. My two cents but it is the stock bumper on a Wrangler (mainly JK/JKU) with a lift and larger tires...it just looks dumb especially if it is being taken offroad which most of the time it seems the mall crawlers are the only ones that drop money on everything except the bumpers.
Excellent point, sir. Excellent indeed. There is some bumper work that needs to be done -- for instance, the d*** thing needs a skid plate (thus I stay off rocks) and didn't COME WITH TOW HOOKS (which is why I haven't gone too deep in the mud). Didn't even notice it on the lot -- the JK just had it and my XJs had recovery points under the frame. It's just been one of those things I mean to get around to. So when that happens, perhaps a winglet-cision will also occur!
shannon721 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #18
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon721

Excellent point, sir. Excellent indeed. There is some bumper work that needs to be done -- for instance, the damn thing needs a skid plate (thus I stay off rocks) and didn't COME WITH TOW HOOKS (which is why I haven't gone too deep in the mud). Didn't even notice it on the lot -- the JK just had it and my XJs had recovery points under the frame. It's just been one of those things I mean to get around to. So when that happens, perhaps a winglet-cision will also occur!
No offroad package...that stinks!!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #19
shannon721
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01

No offroad package...that stinks!!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
That's how much I trusted Jeep lol -- I just assumed if I wasn't buying a Compass (which you can be assured I wasn't) -- that it would be a Jeep! Haha. No tow hooks, no lockers -- who knew?!?
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #20
Dabitz

All of the sudden those flares don't look that expensive at all. I got a quote from Justforjeeps to replace the OEM ones, total $607 for the set.
Dabitz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #21
shannon721
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabitz
All of the sudden those flares don't look that expensive at all. I got a quote from Justforjeeps to replace the OEM ones, total $607 for the set.
I was going to order them from RRO but they wanted $100 for shipping. Amazon.com shipped them for free and I got them in 2 days.
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #22
shannon721
2012 WK 

It's simple economics really. They figure if you can afford to spend $45K on a truck, you can afford to overpay for flares
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #23
shannon721
2012 WK 

Plasti-dip Journals: Mirrors done and she needed some eyeliner
image-3913546417.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.