bug / stone shield - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > bug / stone shield

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #1
Tooms1121
2012 WK 

bug / stone shield

Hi All,
My 2012 is basically my snow mobile in the winter months, no off roading here. A large portion of my daily commute is highway and they are resurfacing the road in segments. I've already gone through one windshield (on my one year anniversary of course) from a rock and I'm getting pelted by bugs and small stones everyday. Do the bug shields actually work? Or is it just a dressy piece? Any one have pics of one installed?

Thanks,
RP

Tooms1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
kkreit01

From my experience, it will only help to keep the corner of your hood free from rock chips and bugs. I don't think they do anything to protect the windshield.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
eibyer

I've never tried it but it will probably work better at highway speeds because of the speed of the air deflection.
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
Dabitz

I got a cracked windshield with my OEM bug shield. It however protects the edge of the hood which is very weak.
Dabitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.