Broken into....... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Broken into.......

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 04-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
HEMIjeep360
2012 WK 

Broken into.......

Some idiots decided they wanted to check out the cool interior of my Altitude today. It was parked on the street and they busted it all up with a rock and rummaged through it. The rock busted the window and crushed in the window sill......

People like this need beat within an inch of their life.

forumrunner_20130412_192129.jpg   forumrunner_20130412_192139.jpg  
HEMIjeep360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Absolute trash. I hate thieves. We had someone go through my 2K XJ, my mustang and my wife's 94 XJ a week before we got the 2014 GC. Fortunately there was nothing valuable inside and the doors were unlocked. Hope they catch them and your insurance don't jerk you around.
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
Webb
2012 WK 

Probably some heroin addict,you will find them sleeping near by bench,when you do beat them with a bat.
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
Trailguide
2012 WK 

I really hate people who do this and all criminals! They don't care about anyones property. Sorry it happened to you. It all can be fixed except the feeling.
Trailguide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
ChrisOC

Sorry to hear that, what an idiot. Way to hit the trim instead of the window, I hope he slammed his finger in the process.
ChrisOC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
omar0022
2012 WK 

I wish him death!!! Btw did your alarm go off? I know now a days everyone hears alarms and ignores them but just curious.
omar0022 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
HEMIjeep360
2012 WK 

The police did a report, but that's usually a dead end, more or less just to cover the insurance bases.

My insurance had been good so far, but the weekend sucks because i can't take it to the shop till Monday. It looks good with a black trash bag taped to the window * rolling eyes* the broken glass scratched up all the interior panels, leather seats, door moldings........what possesses people to do this, they are just scum of the earth.

I'd love to catch someone like this in the act.

I'm not sure if the alarm went off, there weren't any messages on the display....
Unread 04-13-2013, 05:02 AM   #8
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

Fuktards!!! Useless waste of air...
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
FAUEE
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIjeep360 View Post
People like this need beat within an inch of their life.
I disagree. They need to just be killed.
FAUEE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2013, 03:27 AM   #10
HEMIjeep360
2012 WK 

New window is in, now just waiting to get the body damage fixed.

I found out something interesting.....there are two different options for the side windows. One is regular safety glass that shatters into a million pieces and breaks somewhat easily. The other is a a three later system that has laminate layer in between two layers of glass. Mine is the the layer system. The glass guy said that whoever broke in is probably hurting pretty badly if the tried to punch it out or use their elbow. It won't break, no matter you're hard you hit it. That's why they got mad and probably used the rock. He thinks it probably took several attempts even with the rock.

Its considered a sound deadening glass but is about as tough as the front windshield. Just thought I'd throw this out there, its a little more of a theft deterrent, in my opinion. Makes them work a little harder.
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #11
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Was anything taken from your Jeep? Or were they just wasting their time and inconveniencing you?
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #12
omar0022
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIjeep360
New window is in, now just waiting to get the body damage fixed.

I found out something interesting.....there are two different options for the side windows. One is regular safety glass that shatters into a million pieces and breaks somewhat easily. The other is a a three later system that has laminate layer in between two layers of glass. Mine is the the layer system. The glass guy said that whoever broke in is probably hurting pretty badly if the tried to punch it out or use their elbow. It won't break, no matter you're hard you hit it. That's why they got mad and probably used the rock. He thinks it probably took several attempts even with the rock.

Its considered a sound deadening glass but is about as tough as the front windshield. Just thought I'd throw this out there, its a little more of a theft deterrent, in my opinion. Makes them work a little harder.
A crackhead will do anything to get their next fix. I hope he does have something broken after all the damage he's caused.

image-2722813569.jpg
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #13
omar0022
2012 WK 

Also I found this that shows its really not that easy to break the windows

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #14
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Criminals act on opportunity. Don't give them the opportunity.
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #15
HEMIjeep360
2012 WK 

I've seen that video before, I crack up every time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.