JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/)
-   -   Broken into....... (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/broken-into-1508352/)

HEMIjeep360 04-12-2013 05:21 PM

Broken into.......

2 Attachment(s)
Some idiots decided they wanted to check out the cool interior of my Altitude today. It was parked on the street and they busted it all up with a rock and rummaged through it. The rock busted the window and crushed in the window sill......

People like this need beat within an inch of their life.

1slosvt 04-12-2013 05:43 PM

Absolute trash. I hate thieves. We had someone go through my 2K XJ, my mustang and my wife's 94 XJ a week before we got the 2014 GC. Fortunately there was nothing valuable inside and the doors were unlocked. Hope they catch them and your insurance don't jerk you around.

Webb 04-12-2013 06:01 PM

Probably some heroin addict,you will find them sleeping near by bench,when you do beat them with a bat.

Trailguide 04-12-2013 06:11 PM

I really hate people who do this and all criminals! They don't care about anyones property. Sorry it happened to you. It all can be fixed except the feeling.

ChrisOC 04-12-2013 06:18 PM

Sorry to hear that, what an idiot. Way to hit the trim instead of the window, I hope he slammed his finger in the process.

omar0022 04-12-2013 07:13 PM

I wish him death!!! Btw did your alarm go off? I know now a days everyone hears alarms and ignores them but just curious.

HEMIjeep360 04-12-2013 07:41 PM

The police did a report, but that's usually a dead end, more or less just to cover the insurance bases.

My insurance had been good so far, but the weekend sucks because i can't take it to the shop till Monday. It looks good with a black trash bag taped to the window * rolling eyes* the broken glass scratched up all the interior panels, leather seats, door moldings........what possesses people to do this, they are just scum of the earth.

I'd love to catch someone like this in the act.

I'm not sure if the alarm went off, there weren't any messages on the display....

shekshishekki 04-13-2013 05:02 AM

Fuktards!!! Useless waste of air...

FAUEE 04-13-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMIjeep360 (Post 15287796)
People like this need beat within an inch of their life.

I disagree. They need to just be killed.

HEMIjeep360 04-14-2013 03:27 AM

New window is in, now just waiting to get the body damage fixed.

I found out something interesting.....there are two different options for the side windows. One is regular safety glass that shatters into a million pieces and breaks somewhat easily. The other is a a three later system that has laminate layer in between two layers of glass. Mine is the the layer system. The glass guy said that whoever broke in is probably hurting pretty badly if the tried to punch it out or use their elbow. It won't break, no matter you're hard you hit it. That's why they got mad and probably used the rock. He thinks it probably took several attempts even with the rock.

Its considered a sound deadening glass but is about as tough as the front windshield. Just thought I'd throw this out there, its a little more of a theft deterrent, in my opinion. Makes them work a little harder.

1slosvt 04-14-2013 07:47 AM

Was anything taken from your Jeep? Or were they just wasting their time and inconveniencing you?

omar0022 04-14-2013 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMIjeep360
New window is in, now just waiting to get the body damage fixed.

I found out something interesting.....there are two different options for the side windows. One is regular safety glass that shatters into a million pieces and breaks somewhat easily. The other is a a three later system that has laminate layer in between two layers of glass. Mine is the the layer system. The glass guy said that whoever broke in is probably hurting pretty badly if the tried to punch it out or use their elbow. It won't break, no matter you're hard you hit it. That's why they got mad and probably used the rock. He thinks it probably took several attempts even with the rock.

Its considered a sound deadening glass but is about as tough as the front windshield. Just thought I'd throw this out there, its a little more of a theft deterrent, in my opinion. Makes them work a little harder.

A crackhead will do anything to get their next fix. I hope he does have something broken after all the damage he's caused.

Attachment 607662

omar0022 04-14-2013 09:14 AM

Also I found this that shows its really not that easy to break the windows

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

10Xk 04-14-2013 09:56 AM

Criminals act on opportunity. Don't give them the opportunity.

HEMIjeep360 04-14-2013 01:38 PM

I've seen that video before, I crack up every time. :laugh:

The time now is 06:36 PM.