Brakes on 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Brakes on 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSpiderwebshade @ JeepHut.com

Unread 10-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
fmesposito

Brakes on 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit

Curious if anyone has put the SRT8 Brembo Calipers on there 2014 GC with 20" wheels/tires? Did you replace just the calipers, pins and clips or did you have to do other brake parts as well?

Also, does anyone know the part number and list price for the OEM Summit Calipers? I wanted to try to negotiate a trade when buying a new 2014 GC with the dealer (trade the OEM Calipers for Brembo) and wanted to know the price difference.

fmesposito is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Why

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmesposito View Post
Curious if anyone has put the SRT8 Brembo Calipers on there 2014 GC with 20" wheels/tires? Did you replace just the calipers, pins and clips or did you have to do other brake parts as well?

Also, does anyone know the part number and list price for the OEM Summit Calipers? I wanted to try to negotiate a trade when buying a new 2014 GC with the dealer (trade the OEM Calipers for Brembo) and wanted to know the price difference.
Other than looks you can achieve better braking with a better pad, better brake fluid, and a nice set of Earl's brake lines. Also routing air to brakes will help with braking. Multi piston pretty brake calipers dont always result in shorter stops and better braking. You probably also need rotors if you are going to this. Then we can discuss why drilled rotors are worth the money.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:

You can look up list and discount prices for parts fairly quickly on Moparonlineparts.com (a forum sponsor). They should be able to find part numbers for the SRT and Overland brake components and compare. Dunno if rotors are different.

I have read of someone doing this, but I don't recall where.... sorry no help there. Dunno if the ABS needs reprogrammed.
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
Raptor

Quote:

You mean swapping the SRT Brembo calipers onto a 2014 Summit? Right..... I'm pretty sure the OEM Summit calipers are the same as the HD Limited and Overland calipers.

This swap has been done before but...............
You do know that although the SRT Brembo calipers will bolt right up to your spindles they will not clear the OEM Summit, Overland, or Limited 20" wheels. You would of course have to swap the SRT OEM 20" wheels as well for this to work. Definitely won't work for the massive front OEM Brembos w/15" rotors without changing the wheels, but on the rear, the OEM Brembos may actually clear the smaller OEM 20" wheels found on non SRT trim levels.

You would need;
The Brembo calipers, SRT 20" wheels, new pads, new rotors, (2) front caliper pins & (2) front anti rattle clips.
Your OEM brake lines, caliper mounting bolts, & OEM M/C can be reused & will all work with the swap.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
CIEGOS
2011 WK 

Unless the 2014 20" summit wheels have a different inner diameter compared to the 2011 20" Overland wheels the brembos should fit. The 18" wheel will not. Also, I believe the rotors are 15" but I could be wrong about that.
CIEGOS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIEGOS View Post
Unless the 2014 20" summit wheels have a different inner diameter compared to the 2011 20" Overland wheels the brembos should fit. The 18" wheel will not. Also, I believe the rotors are 15" but I could be wrong about that.
The 2014 20" Summit wheels will not clear the SRT Brembo calipers.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2014, 08:55 AM   #7
RangerRon
2014 WK 

SRT brakes on Summit

What spacer thickness would allow use of Summit wheel, offset dimensions for both?
RangerRon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2014, 08:04 AM   #8
David1
2014 WK 

You know you wont stop any better right? Or do you just want the look?
David1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.