BMW Salesman - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > BMW Salesman

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 11-21-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
kolky
2000 TJ Wrangler 

BMW Salesman

I turned in my BMW on lease this week (bye 335 coupe, you will be missed).

Anyway I was talking to the salesman that sold me it and he asked me what I ended up getting. I told him I got a new GC and he told me I was the second person this week to turn in a BMW for a GC. He also said he has noticed they are starting to loose some business but not to Audi, MB, Lexus, etc... He said the majority of the people who are moving away from BMW seem to be going to the American car companies.

Just thought that was interesting.

[COLOR="Yellow"][SIZE="3"]Yellow Jeep Club #1224[/SIZE][/COLOR]
kolky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

thats pretty interesting - Even if i had a 2010 X5, i'd probably still turn my BMW in for a WK2. I can't really do anything with a BMW except get tickets. The amount of tickets I pay on a BMW translate to some pretty extensive Jeep modifications.
Unread 11-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
JTS97Z28

I would say that's pretty good news. I'm glad to hear that.
JTS97Z28 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #4
OBRN1
2014 WK 

We replaced our MB with the GC. When the lease is up on the MB I doubt we will get another and just stick to the GC and get the hubby a truck of some sort.
Unread 11-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
smcginnis87
4X4WK

2007 WK 

Yea the new GC is taking over the luxury market its good new for jeep
smcginnis87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #6
Newb1995jeepgc
1994 ZJ 

Chrysler is Back on top!!!!!!!! Didnt think i would ever see this day again.
Newb1995jeepgc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
Devilsmed98
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My mom traded in her 2008 BMW 750li for an Overland with everything in it. We had major problems with BMW and their service. It got to the point where we ended up in a lawsuit against BMW because the transmission in her car would stick in 1st gear when accelerating.

She says she will never buy a BMW and naturally, being a Jeep guy told her to look at a WKII. She loves it, pretty much has all the "basic" luxury functions in it that her BMW had. She got the Hemi so it still has the same pickup, if not better because the transmission doesn't slip. I think she'll like the Jeep even more when we get some snow or nasty conditions versus the BMW's RWD.

Also on a side note, it was funny walking into Ski Barn to see my mother's BMW salesman working there. He said he "retired". To work in a ski shop?
~Black WK Club Member #9~
2011 WKII Overland
2007 WK Limited[/COLOR]
1995 YJ Rio Grande
Devilsmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2010, 10:18 PM   #8
bumzo1
2005 WK 

hmm my mom has a lexus RX330 but when she's ready to upgrade I'll probably push her towards a WKII as well. the new overlands have more features and quality than a similarly priced lexus.
Khaki WK Club Member #1
bumzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #9
Eurosport

how much of that is true since it's coming from a saleman?
Eurosport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #10
decooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolky View Post
I turned in my BMW on lease this week (bye 335 coupe, you will be missed).

Anyway I was talking to the salesman that sold me it and he asked me what I ended up getting. I told him I got a new GC and he told me I was the second person this week to turn in a BMW for a GC. He also said he has noticed they are starting to loose some business but not to Audi, MB, Lexus, etc... He said the majority of the people who are moving away from BMW seem to be going to the American car companies. Just thought that was interesting.

Suprise Suprise!

The same experience has come my way too, and personally -
I just turned in my 2009 Acura lease, selling my older Chevy Tahoe, and ordered a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited myself. Got a few buddies who drive Lexus and BMWs who are also taking notice. When I was at the Acura dealership getting my last Acura service, and visited two different Acura dealers the same week in fact, and noticed both were VERY DEAD. Ended up at three different Jeep/Dodge dealerships the same day, and a few times before that, and saw first hand quite a bit of activity with the new Jeeps and a few Dodge cars & trucks. Straight up, I'm no big Dodge or Jeep fan yet from direct experience (like RAM trucks), and certainly took enough notice to walk the talk and buy American since they seemed to prove some R&D homework on the new JGC. Have been a Honda, Toyota fan for decades but more recently liking the function and reliability of my older Chevy Tahoe and future JGC next.

The JGC is nice looking now, has some attention to detail, great interior styling, 506w stereo, great handling, nice 20" wheels, made it all very easy for me to let go of the Acura for this one. I told the people at Acura this too, their V6 MDX cannot even come close to touching the overall package and price of new Grand Cherokees versions with the MDS V8. Nice job Chrysler/Jeep - the R&D investment paid off!
decooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #11
UNCjeepWK2
2011 WK 

My dad is 62 and has always been a huge Toyota/Lexus/Japanese fan... and currently owns a 2010 Lexus ES and RX.

After driving (and looking at) my new black WK2 Hemi, he's ready to trade his brand new RX.

Toyota is really falling off in terms of styling (4Runner and RX, especially).
UNCjeepWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #12
JeremiahB

Totally agreed on the Totoya falling off comment. They have been going downhill for years and the new 4Runner is the best example of that. Dollars to dollars, it is at least two classes below the new GC.
JeremiahB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #13
mr2guru

I think Toyota's problem is the interior... it's absolute garbage and looks like it belongs in a base Kia. People like upscale interiors like Audi, BMW, MB... and now the WK2. Heck even GM is coming around with their interiors.
mr2guru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #14
xmonger
2003 WJ 

The same day I first test drove the WK2 I visited a buddy who had just picked up a new X5 with the V8 (which I also drove). Even at the same price I'd rather have the WK2. It's that good.

The only place the X5 clearly wins is performance. That X5 is insanely fast for an SUV.
Unread 12-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #15
mjw930

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger View Post
The same day I first test drove the WK2 I visited a buddy who had just picked up a new X5 with the V8 (which I also drove). Even at the same price I'd rather have the WK2. It's that good.

The only place the X5 clearly wins is performance. That X5 is insanely fast for an SUV.
The X5 is OK but the undisputed king of the hill in SUV performance is the Cayenne Turbo
  • 500 hp @ 6,000 rpm
  • 0-60 mph: 4.4 s
  • Top Track Speed: 172 mph
  • Consumption (Highway): 22 mpg

But you've got to pay to play
MSRP $ 104,800.00

I had the "slower" 2004, 450hp version and IT was insane.......
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.