Blind Spot and garage door opener question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Blind Spot and garage door opener question

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 04-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
superdavid

Blind Spot and garage door opener question

Hi,

I am new in this forum, I bouth a new Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4, Is my first Jeep I like a lot, for the price has many features, but the problem is with the door opener not working and the blind spot . Maybe need a special programming? My other car is Mercedes C63 with similar garage door opener and is working without problem I follow the instructions.

Thanks,

superdavid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
2011Hemi
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdavid View Post
Hi,

I am new in this forum, I bouth a new Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4, Is my first Jeep I like a lot, for the price has many features, but the problem is with the door opener not working and the blind spot . Maybe need a special programming? My other car is Mercedes C63 with similar garage door opener and is working without problem I follow the instructions.

Thanks,

You can turn the Blind Spot Monitoring on or off in the EVIC controls.

Customer-Programmable Features (System Setup)
Personal Settings allows you to set and recall features when the transmission is in PARK. If the transmission is out of PARK or the vehicle begins moving, a warning message SETUP NOT AVAILABLE, is followed in three seconds by, VEHICLE NOT IN PARK.
Press and release the UP or DOWN button until Setup displays in the EVIC.
Use the UP or DOWN button to display one of the following choices.

Blind Spot Alert
There are three selections when operating Blind Spot Alert. By pressing and releasing the SELECT button once, the Blind Spot Alert feature can be activated in “Blind Spot: Lights Only” mode. When this mode is selected the Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) system is activated and will only show a visual alert in the outside mirrors. By pressing and releasing the SELECT button a second time “Blind Spot: Lights/CHM” mode is activated. In this mode the Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) will show a visual alert in the outside mirrors as well as an audible alert when the turn signal is on. When “Blind Spot: Off” is selected the Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) system is deactivated.
2011Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
fleuger99
2011 WK 

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,

I got my garage door opener working without any hassles. I reset the car opener by holding the two outboard buttons until the light flashed rapidly, about 5 seconds.

Then I hit the garage remote button holding it down while also holding down the Jeep garage door opener. I held them both down until again the Jeep opener flashed rapidly. Then I repeated holding both openers down again until the light flashed rapidly. Then it worked perfectly. An FYI. To open the garage door once programed one must hold down the Jeep door opener button for like 2 seconds for it to work. Simply hitting the button won't open the garage door.
Unread 04-03-2011, 04:48 AM   #4
hammer1234
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleuger99 View Post
An FYI. To open the garage door once programed one must hold down the Jeep door opener button for like 2 seconds for it to work. Simply hitting the button won't open the garage door.
I have a universal garage door opener on my 2001 Toyota Highlander (now my son's beater car) and we also have to hold that one for a bit to work.
hammer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:49 AM   #5
superdavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Hemi View Post
You can turn the Blind Spot Monitoring on or off in the EVIC controls.

Customer-Programmable Features (System Setup)
Personal Settings allows you to set and recall features when the transmission is in PARK. If the transmission is out of PARK or the vehicle begins moving, a warning message SETUP NOT AVAILABLE, is followed in three seconds by, VEHICLE NOT IN PARK.
Press and release the UP or DOWN button until Setup displays in the EVIC.
Use the UP or DOWN button to display one of the following choices.

Blind Spot Alert
There are three selections when operating Blind Spot Alert. By pressing and releasing the SELECT button once, the Blind Spot Alert feature can be activated in “Blind Spot: Lights Only” mode. When this mode is selected the Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) system is activated and will only show a visual alert in the outside mirrors. By pressing and releasing the SELECT button a second time “Blind Spot: Lights/CHM” mode is activated. In this mode the Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) will show a visual alert in the outside mirrors as well as an audible alert when the turn signal is on. When “Blind Spot: Off” is selected the Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) system is deactivated.
Thanks, but some reason this option blind spot is not availble, can verify which option is before and after of Blind Spot.
Unread 04-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
2011Hemi
2011 WK 

Quote:
Thanks, but some reason this option blind spot is not availble, can verify which option is before and after of Blind Spot.
I don't know what is before or after it in the menu since I don't have that option. The Jeep has to have the ACC (adaptive cruise control) package in order to have the blind spot monitoring.
2011Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
khuon
2011 WK 

Some garage door openers (mainly newer ones) use rolling security codes. In order for me to get mine to work, I first had to "seed" the system by programming a garage door remote. This involved hitting the "learn" button on the opener unit until a learn LED indicator started flashing and then hitting the button on the remote. Then the learn LED went steady. Then I hit the button on the remote again and the LED went off. Now the remote is programmed and synced to the opener.

Next I then used the remote to seed the HomeLink system in the Jeep. I did this by following the "dumb" programming procedure which involves first holding down the button on the remote and then holding down the button on the Jeep's HomeLink system until the HomeLink indicator LED starts flashing. Now the HomeLink is seeded and can be programmed to sync with the rolling code.

The final step is the same as programming the remote. First you hit the "learn" button on the opener unit and wait for the learn indicator to flash. Then you go to the Jeep and hold down the HomeLink button. The learn indicator on the opener should go steady but of course you probably won't see this as you're inside the vehicle. So if you want to verify that this happens then have another person observe the opener. Then you have to release and push the HomeLink button again in order to "confirm" and end the programming procedure. The "learn" indicator should go out at this point.

If you have multiple garage door openers then pay attention as to which one gets programmed to which door. I have two openers and to make it easy, on all my HomeLink equipped vehicles I simply go from left to right with the left door being door one linked to operate with HomeLink button #1 and right as door two linked to operate with HomeLink button #2.

Note - do not park the Jeep directly under the door since this procedure will most likely result in the door going up and down.
khuon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
khuon
2011 WK 

Quote:
In my Jeep, the BSM setting is nestled between Park Assist just before and Auto-lock Doors just after.
khuon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #9
superdavid

I went to the dealer, and they said that my overland have not the option of the blind spot, however the saleman said that all the overland had the option, but is not true
Unread 04-11-2011, 03:51 AM   #10
IndyBob
2011 WK 

Quote:
I went to the dealer, and they said that my overland have not the option of the blind spot, however the saleman said that all the overland had the option, but is not true
Another case of a so called salesman not knowing his product. Some of these folks are just order takers!
IndyBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 05:47 AM   #11
magr80
2011 WK 

The Overland Summit comes with the rest of the warning system stuff. Other models as an option ...
magr80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

+1
You will see several Limited and perhaps Laredos on the lots equipped with the advanced warning and adaptive cruise package, but surprisingly few Overlands. It is an option on all models but the Summit where it is part of the standard equipment.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.