the best floor mats? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > the best floor mats?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
cutoff

the best floor mats?

what the best winter slush mats

-weathertech
-husky
-rugged ridge
-mopar

http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/20A10011A1.aspx

cutoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
82Renegade
1982 CJ7 

Just ordered the weàthertechs. Pricey but looks like the best fit to me
82Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
Churd27
2013 JK Wrangler 

Did you end up ordering from AA? I just picked our jeep up last night and that was the only site I could find besides directly from weathertech
Churd27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
82Renegade
1982 CJ7 

Yes. The 15% coupon is npt valid but free shipping is better than direct
Unread 12-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #5
jgc4ever
2012 WK 

kbcarstuff.com is who I bought the Weather Tech Digital Fit mats from. I like them a lot although the dead pedal doesn't go up far enough and the holes will allow salt and water down to the carpet. I remedied this by using plastic and tape to cover the hooks in the floor and also to extend the dead pedal area on the mat. kbcarstuff.com has free shipping on these mats.
jgc4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
BMRisko
2012 WK 

I like the coverage of the Husky liners better than Weathertech and the design is much more muted, IMHO, with no large logos. Also, there are no holes for the OEM hooks to allow water to drip through. The Husky mats fit over the OEM hooks and have stayed in place extremely well. They also cover most of the dead pedal...something I have not seen from other offerings.

As far as the rear cargo mat, my vote would have to go towards the OEM Mopar mat. It is very thick and does an excellent job of keeping stuff from sliding around.
BMRisko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
wxchaser

2014 WK 

Weathertech floor liners here, work fantastic and better coverage than the mats.
wxchaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
watchdog507

Went with Husky

I went with Husky. We get a lot of slush in Toronto and I wanted mats without a hole in them. weathertech has a hole for the carpet hook.
watchdog507 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #9
rockspyder
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRisko View Post
I like the coverage of the Husky liners better than Weathertech and the design is much more muted, IMHO, with no large logos. Also, there are no holes for the OEM hooks to allow water to drip through. The Husky mats fit over the OEM hooks and have stayed in place extremely well. They also cover most of the dead pedal...something I have not seen from other offerings.

As far as the rear cargo mat, my vote would have to go towards the OEM Mopar mat. It is very thick and does an excellent job of keeping stuff from sliding around.

Glad to hear that. I'm about to order that liner, and am probably going to get the Mopar liners for the front and rear floor as well. I have Husky's in my Wrangler, and they are tough as nails. But I don't think they would look as nice as the Mopar in the WK2, which is a factor for it.
rockspyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #10
superserialMBP
2012 WK 

I have a set of the Mopar ones coming in my GC delivered sometime this week (All Weather Capability Group option). If I recall, the cargo bed Mopar mat is really well made and fits well. Amazon has just the cargo mat for $80 right now (plus free shipping):

http://www.amazon.com/2011-Grand-Cherokee-Cargo-Liner/dp/B004O9WC18/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1323900100&sr=1-4
Unread 12-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #11
cutoff

rugged ridge is on the way!!lol
cutoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #12
Justal13
2012 WK 

Went with Weathertech

I have used Nifty Catch-all mats in the past, but they do not make them for the 2011-12 GC. After looking at the Mopar slush mats at the dealer in both new and used GC's, I thought they looked a little cheap and hard to keep the many deep impressions clean. My local dealer also stocks the Weathertechs and got me a full set including the cargo area for a good price. So far, I am impressed with the quality look and feel of the Weathertech, and they are easy to keep clean. Several comments here about the holes in the mats for the floor hooks, however it is not an issue as there is a raised ridge around the "holes". The Mopar mats have holes for the floor hooks also. I agree with the comment that the dead pedal area could be a little higher, and I am considering some options to add some other protection in that area. Finally, I also agree that while the Weathertech logo on the mats is a little cheezy, and I would prefer that they offered a Jeep logo insert in its place - something else that I am considering if I can do myself somehow.
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
2MchFun
2011 WK 

Been using WeatherTech for years now on several different trucks. Excellent quiality, tough without weighing a ton (like those very thick rubber mats), and perfect fit.
Unread 12-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #14
rockit
2012 WK 

Quadratec also another good option. I have in my Rubicon.

http://www.quadratec.com/showcases/quadratec_floor_mats/
rockit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #15
82Renegade
1982 CJ7 

Just dropped my weathertech in- fit like a glove and the grey looks good with the interior.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.