JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/)
-   -   Behavior of comfort 'Auto On' feature (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/behavior-comfort-auto-feature-1981722/)

Kanab_ram 01-10-2014 01:51 PM

Behavior of comfort 'Auto On' feature
 
Hi,

I have the UConnect 8.4 comfort Auto On feature checked so that the heated steering wheel and seats are engaged upon start up. However, they only come on by default 10% of the time. The other 90% of the time, I have to manually engage. I was curious if this was unique to my vehicle or a common behavior across all JGCs.

Thanks

ArloGuthroJeep 01-10-2014 01:53 PM

It requires you to use the remote start, and for it to be ~40deg or cooler outside.

2kg4u 01-10-2014 02:02 PM

I garage my JGC and most mornings don't remote start. The driver seat heater and steering wheel heater automatically come on when I get in and start the vehicle.

2014RedHemiGC 01-10-2014 02:04 PM

I don't think it has to be remote started as mine activates as long as the feature is checked and it's below 40 degrees.

Kanab_ram 01-10-2014 02:57 PM

Got it. I've been in California 90% of the time so that probably explains why I haven't triggered the temperature requirement. Thanks!

Rdrakea 01-10-2014 06:12 PM

My rear defrost is always on, too, which I don't need since I'm parked in a garage. So I always turn that off every morning.

TuckerDarling 01-11-2014 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdrakea (Post 19302402)
My rear defrost is always on, too, which I don't need since I'm parked in a garage. So I always turn that off every morning.

Mine doesn't turn on unless I push the button. Wish it was like yours.

Gunny7 01-16-2014 05:15 PM

On my screen, there is ---Controls. Bottom has --Settings.
My Dealer set mine to ---Dealer Default.
You can change this if you want. To what you want.
I am still looking into the AC.
I am slow with all this Electronic stuff.
First new car in 8 years.
Like another world.


The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.