Bars for Flush Roof Rails - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Bars for Flush Roof Rails

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-17-2014, 06:52 AM   #61
Shub45

Seems like you guys paid a lot .

image-943498115.jpg

Shub45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 06:57 AM   #62
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shub45 View Post
Seems like you guys paid a lot .
Buy it, install it, evaluate it, then come back and tell everyone they are paying too much.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 07:01 AM   #63
Shub45

Did, and it's the same thing as oem. I'm not one to drop 53k on a vehicle and put crap on it.
Shub45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:14 AM   #64
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shub45 View Post
Did, and it's the same thing as oem. I'm not one to drop 53k on a vehicle and put crap on it.
If you had included that information in your post I would not have questioned your statement. Thanks for the tip.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 10:23 AM   #65
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Thanks for the pics cjb. Looks like Jeep changed the design of the rail on the '14 model. Mine is definitely different.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 11:22 AM   #66
Booch
2014 WK 

Any noise with the Rhino set? They are aero, but I noticed you can also buy the Wind Fairing?
Booch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #67
esu
1995 ZJ 

Just picked up a '12 GCL for the wife and was wondering about the crossrails. Can Jeep really have been this stupid? They came so far with the styling and now we have to have HBO antennas mounted to the roof that are just plain fugly and to make matters worse wont support anything over 20 lbs? And this has been the same since '11? So for 3 or 4 years they haven't figured out its a problem?
esu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 05:33 AM   #68
cjb
2014 WK 

No noticable noise on the Rhinos at 70 mph
cjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 08:47 PM   #69
SessionRider

There is definitely some noise with my Thule square bars. Surprisingly there is a lot less noose when I throw on the Thule Sonic XL box. Overall the Thule 460 foot pack and 4019 fit kit have performed without any issues. Installing them to fit right took a bit of work.
SessionRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 06:04 PM   #70
Carpecervisia
2014 WK 

I picked up a set of the Rhinos. I like the the sturdy mounting bracket and that they're only about half the price of the Thule and Whispars.

I went with the Aero/RSPs because I don't like, or need, the wing-past-the-bracket look. I tend to carry long skinny things, like ladders and 2x4s, so the extra width isn't required.

Installation was quick, easy and painless. I think they look pretty good but the exposed brackets do bug me slightly. I'm sure that'll pass. I'll give a test drive to tomorrow and report back on the wind noise… hopefully the lack of wind noise.

Carpecervisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #71
Jughead
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpecervisia View Post
I picked up a set of the Rhinos. I like the the sturdy mounting bracket and that they're only about half the price of the Thule and Whispars.

I went with the Aero/RSPs because I don't like, or need, the wing-past-the-bracket look. I tend to carry long skinny things, like ladders and 2x4s, so the extra width isn't required.

Installation was quick, easy and painless. I think they look pretty good but the exposed brackets do bug me slightly. I'm sure that'll pass. I'll give a test drive to tomorrow and report back on the wind noise… hopefully the lack of wind noise.

Looking at these also. who did you buy them through?
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2014, 05:01 PM   #72
Carpecervisia
2014 WK 

I couldn't find this style at any of the regular internet sites so I ended up getting them directly from Rhinorack.com

http://www.rhinorack.com/Vehicle_JEE...5265_4798.aspx

Sound-wise I didn't notice any wind-noise at highway speeds.

I like that these bars are very easy to remove. Once the mounting brackets are bolted to the roof the bars themselves are only attached with two screws. Took me about 5 minutes to remove them yesterday in anticipation of a major snow storm. Unfortunately, since they're only held on with two screws (tamper-proof torx) they'd be easy to steal. Ah well.

The exposed bracket still bugs me. It's hard to see in the pictures. I'll try to take a better pic tomorrow. I feel like there should be a plastic or rubber sleeve to make things look more seamless.
Unread 03-05-2014, 06:29 AM   #73
Jughead
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpecervisia View Post
I couldn't find this style at any of the regular internet sites so I ended up getting them directly from Rhinorack.com

Sound-wise I didn't notice any wind-noise at highway speeds.

I like that these bars are very easy to remove. Once the mounting brackets are bolted to the roof the bars themselves are only attached with two screws. Took me about 5 minutes to remove them yesterday in anticipation of a major snow storm. Unfortunately, since they're only held on with two screws (tamper-proof torx) they'd be easy to steal. Ah well.

The exposed bracket still bugs me. It's hard to see in the pictures. I'll try to take a better pic tomorrow. I feel like there should be a plastic or rubber sleeve to make things look more seamless.
Do you think they're strong enough to support a basket?
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #74
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Tough ? for him to answer w/o knowing how much weight you're talking about.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #75
Carpecervisia
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
I would assume so. They're rated for a 150lb load.

In addition, the Rhino website has a list of compatible accessories that includes baskets:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.