Bars for Flush Roof Rails - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Bars for Flush Roof Rails

ECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #136
redddog

Sounds like an install issue, bro.

There is no sound from mine at all, at any speed.

Fatter edge front, thinner edge back (like an airplane wing). Longer one in front, shorter one ( by an inch or so) in back.

redddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #137
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redddog View Post

Fatter edge front, thinner edge back (like an airplane wing). Longer one in front, shorter one ( by an inch or so) in back.
Exactly how mine is in. Yours is quiet even with the glass tilted up?
WKdeuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #138
esu
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgenJGC View Post
Thanks!
esu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #139
redddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKdeuce View Post
Exactly how mine is in. Yours is quiet even with the glass tilted up?
Like a mouse, bro.
redddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #140
Tweezer19
2014 WK 

Installed the Whispbar fit kit and Through Bar on my '14 JGC and decided to send them back. I could not get the base to fit well enough to feel comfortable spending that kind of coin on the setup. Plus the Through Bars stuck out 5" to the side on the fronts and 6" in the back. Put me in the "not a fan of these roof rails" group. Dang.
Tweezer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2014, 07:36 PM   #141
classyjeeper

I agree the full length bars don't look that good.

That's why I went with the flush bar system.

Luv the whispbar flush racks. Look is perfect.

I'll post pics later.
classyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014, 07:53 PM   #142
esu
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgenJGC View Post
just got my ebay bars in on Wednesday. They are mad black, paid $115 shipped and they were here in like 4 days. The keys are even Jeep logo'd so I am just going to say theses definitely appear to be just line pulls that someone in the factory happen to slide out the back while the mopars slide out the front. Happy sofar but only driven about 25 miles this morning with my kayaks both mounted so we'll see after I go up north this weekend with two kayaks mounted.
Pulled the trigger on a set of these, 115 shipped, supposed to be here Sat. Ive ordered before form sva autoparts and they usually have pretty good stuff. Got a vacation coming up end of July and really need the roof rack for packing.
Unread 06-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #143
esu
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosvt View Post
Yeah man! You've never seen a roof top tent? Check it out!

http://tepuitents.com/
I do a lot of camping but have been trying to figure out the purpose of a roof tent? Ive seen tents that go in the back of a pick up but never a roof tent.
Unread 06-19-2014, 05:10 AM   #144
Jughead
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redddog View Post

I flipped my front cross bar around and no noise now. They shoulda put that little note in the instructions.

1970 Corvette Stingray 454
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #145
RavenJeep
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjreiland View Post
Anyone have any recomendations for roof bars for the 2014 GC Altitude which I believe has just covers where the rails should be similar to the SRT8. I believe there is a mopar part that clips onto the door frames.

Thanks.
I just got back from the dealer installing what I thought was going to be some simple black cross rails for my Altitude, instead I have now huge foolish looking silver bars mounted to the door openings and they are Thule not Mopar brand. I think I am going to get rid of them because it really takes away from the look of the Altitude. They are not spaced that far apart and they do not even attach to the rails on the top of the roof. The side locking mechanisms are big and the thing sits real tall off the top of the roof.
20140619_185527.jpg  
RavenJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2014, 09:20 AM   #146
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by esu
I do a lot of camping but have been trying to figure out the purpose of a roof tent? Ive seen tents that go in the back of a pick up but never a roof tent.
They do a good job of keeping you out of reach of animals. They stay cleaner and bug free in comparison. They're solidly mounted, set it and forget it. Its one less thing to load in the back of the rig and in many cases uses previously unused room up on the roof. No need for level ground, its far easier to toss a couple rocks under a tire than it is to try and find a level flat spot for a ground tent. Built in mattress in most models. Some allow you to leave sleeping bags and pillows stowed with the tent too. No stakes, guide wires or ground covers. All season camping. Some better than others in this regard, they can be equipped with winter hoods, tent heaters, electric blankets, etc. Fast setup. Some as quick as a minute, most under 10 minutes from the time you turn of the ignition to the time your zipping up the door and slipping into your bag. They're said to be quite comfortable and roomy, depending on the model they can be well suited for 2-3 adults or 2 adults several children. They can be mounted over a pickup bed, over a flatbed, on a trailer as well as the conventional roof top setup.

My wife really likes the idea of being up away from the animals like coyotes and bugs. She also wants one so she can sleep on a mattress that isn't laying on the ground. I like the fast and easy setup. I'm hoping to get one before we go to the Outer Banks this fall.
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #147
b-kul
2011 WK 

For all you guys that have your Amazon Mopar style bars dead quiet how? I have mine installed fat part facing front, long in front of short but still get some whistling even just going 30. Not a big deal but if I could make them silent that would be nice. Can someone post some measurements on where the feet are positioned on the roof rails?
b-kul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #148
esu
1995 ZJ 

Mine arrived today sans instructions. Took a few to figure them out but they seem pretty good, Jeep logo keys and everything. Just in time for a July vacation. Cant testify as to wind noise yet, maybe tomorrow although the sunroof has some background wind noise itself.
Unread 06-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #149
b-kul
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
For all you guys that have your Amazon Mopar style bars dead quiet how? I have mine installed fat part facing front, long in front of short but still get some whistling even just going 30. Not a big deal but if I could make them silent that would be nice. Can someone post some measurements on where the feet are positioned on the roof rails?
Figured it out, installed the front one backwards. Fixed it and tested it out, silent now.
b-kul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #150
Tweezer19
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb View Post
Took me about 3 hours to install in the dark and cold. The instructions could have been more detailed but using some common sense, you can figure it out. Overall, looks great and feels solid. Only time will tell. Purchaced from Autoanything for about 280.00. with free shipping.
Cjb, are you still happy with the Rhino Rack? It looks like the feet are open on the inside. Any concerns with that? How's the noise level?
Tweezer19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.