Is the back up camera worth the upgrade to the Limited? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Is the back up camera worth the upgrade to the Limited?

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 08-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #16
rhopkin
2014 WK 

I love the backup camera. Actually the moving path lines are a great feature. 2104 Summit.I would defiantly go to the 2014 for the really slick electronics. I think this is also the year that Jeep moved to a new buss architecture for the electronics so future improvements will probably be made here.

rhopkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #17
WvTaco
2011 WK 

For loading the trailer and my wife backing it into the garage. Yes I would. But her last truck 09 Tacoma Trd sport 4x4 had the camera too.
So it was an option high on the list. But so were heated seats.
WvTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #18
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon672 View Post
Alright I'm still waiting to get everything together so I can purchase my Jeep. However I've ran into a slight problem. This weekend I drove a Ford with a Back up camera. My heart is set on a Laredo E but I drove that Ford with a back up camera and got to thinking about that for the Jeep. Any of you that have the Limited is the back up camera any good. I'd like to keep the UConnect5 screen and keep it as low tech as possible but I'm wondering about that back up camera; how good is it and is it worth it?

Thanks. This is a great forum and so far has been very helpful.
Hi, yes, it is a very nice feature to have IMO as mentioned the Laredo X has it or I am sure it can be added to other models too. This is the first vehicle that I have had with this feature and we just love it, its handy for 4 wheelin' too!
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #19
MickinNY
2013 WK 

This is my first vehicle having it & although I think it's a good idea, I don't find myself using it too often. I've been driving so long w/o a camera, I still find myself looking in all directions & using the mirrors when backing up. Some old habits are hard to break, which in this case isn't necessarily a bad thing.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #20
Jpiwonski
2011 WK 

I still use my mirrors a lot too but having it for spacing behind you or making sure no odd objects are in your way is great.
Jpiwonski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #21
FireRunt
2014 WK 

Thats really what I use the camera for is for spacing behind me. As i said before, its hard to back into a driveway, like i do every day, using the backup camera because of the moving lines.....i cant quite judge with it. My olf ford had it with no moving lines and i never had an issue....the lines stayed put and it was easy to judge.
FireRunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #22
ChrisOC

OP, definately get it, it is super handy. I wasn't wanting it but it came with the jeep I bought and couldn't imagine life without it. I do a ton of parallel (beach) parking and being able get that last inch before bumping bumpers saves a lot of time and frustration. Now if I only had lockpick for the front camera.
ChrisOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #23
nyrhockey23

Been driving for ~15yrs and the Laredo X is the first time i had used a backup camera and i love it. Use it all the time to back out of or into a parking space. Obviously the camera has its own blind spots so you have to turn your head back, check mirrors, etc as well, but it is very useful. If i ever buy new again (unlikely) i will make sure i get the rear camera and when buying used i'll do my best to find one with it.

At first i was hesitant to get the camera and it was an up-sell my wife could not resist, but i'm def glad we got it.
nyrhockey23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #24
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhopkin View Post
I love the backup camera. Actually the moving path lines are a great feature. 2104 Summit.I would defiantly go to the 2014 for the really slick electronics. I think this is also the year that Jeep moved to a new buss architecture for the electronics so future improvements will probably be made here.
That is so cool
Unread 08-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #25
CdnTrini
2011 WK 

I bought my first Jeep this weekend. I choosed the 2011 LTD, only picked up the van last night and just loving the backup camera. What's strange though is that the side mirrors turn down to assist you when reversing and no where in the user manual or owner's manuel does it say it does this. Maybe I just missed it, but they are awsom features.
CdnTrini is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.