Average of days for side collision - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Average of days for side collision

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wFLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRI

Unread 03-26-2015, 03:51 PM   #1
Clirry
2014 WK 

Average of days for side collision

Hi,

I got my jeep last year and unfortunately that we got a collison accident on December 30 2014 when we were driving up to Maine for vacation... So, my wife and I decided to tow it to jeep dealership in Webster, Maine. 4.8 stars reviews...

On next day, adjusters came and listed all damages and gave us how many days repair... 21 days with 12k worth of damages.

So, one week later, I checked up on them, they replied with some picture progression of jeep repairing. I asked them when can we able to pick it up? They said possibly end of January, which we were okay with it... Then later in end of January, got call, that jeep wouldn't be ready til February because of one part was back-ordered for 2-3 weeks which got me irritated. So, I called Chrysler, they tried their best and got part on February 23rd or so. So, I waited for 2 weeks and decided to check up with them, turned out that Steve (man who works in dealership collision center) was on vacation for 2 weeks... Which his men at dealership haven't worked or given any tasks from Steve... Which jeep was pretty sleeping for 2 weeks wasted... I got irritated and called Steve why didn't any of his men work on jeep while he was out but turned out that one mechanic walked/quitted on him. So, Steve told us that jeep will be ready on March 27th for sure. So, we decided to reserve the hotel, rental car and etc to pick up the jeep. I called but found out that Steve was fired and jeep won't be ready til first week of April. I contacted Chrysler and they said sorry and nothing they can do about it? I told them that we wasted whole 3 months on jeep payments and insurance payments.

So, I wonder about side collision... Really that long? I d accept if it's 1 or 1.5 months but 3 months and still counting?!?

What would you guys do if you were in my shoe?

Thanks

image.jpg  
Unread 03-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #2
Morax
2014 WK 

Cry. No seriously, wow man, this is insane. Did you get the chance to speak with the owner of the place? Speak with your insurances ? Not sure what that could do, but hey, at this point...

We should get a pressure group going , when one gets this type of service treatment, we all phone in to that specific dealer and express our concerns on such poor service. Bet ya this would shakeup their administration department.

Best of luck to you, keep us posted...
Morax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2015, 04:12 PM   #3
nocaltaco
2012 WK 

Hi,
If i were in your shoes, i'd be keeping every reciept possible for subrogation against the B party who hit you, assuming they're at fault.
I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I spent 5 years as a auto claims adjuster with Farmers, and based upon the photo, i'm seeing 3-4 weeks max, but that's assuming the parts are in stock. Both doors, rocker, fender, hood, a pillar and front suspension, that's the gist of it i'm assuming?
Food for thought, dealership service depts and body shops are 2 completely different animals. Did the body shop have 4.8 stars or did the dealership?
Again, sucks to hear about your loss. PM me if you need any assistance.
nocaltaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2015, 04:28 PM   #4
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I don't see a dealer in Webster, did it go to Quirk in Bangor?
Unread 03-26-2015, 05:35 PM   #5
Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clirry View Post
Hi,

I got my jeep last year and unfortunately that we got a collison accident on December 30 2014 when we were driving up to Maine for vacation... So, my wife and I decided to tow it to jeep dealership in Webster, Maine. 4.8 stars reviews...

On next day, adjusters came and listed all damages and gave us how many days repair... 21 days with 12k worth of damages.

So, one week later, I checked up on them, they replied with some picture progression of jeep repairing. I asked them when can we able to pick it up? They said possibly end of January, which we were okay with it... Then later in end of January, got call, that jeep wouldn't be ready til February because of one part was back-ordered for 2-3 weeks which got me irritated. So, I called Chrysler, they tried their best and got part on February 23rd or so. So, I waited for 2 weeks and decided to check up with them, turned out that Steve (man who works in dealership collision center) was on vacation for 2 weeks... Which his men at dealership haven't worked or given any tasks from Steve... Which jeep was pretty sleeping for 2 weeks wasted... I got irritated and called Steve why didn't any of his men work on jeep while he was out but turned out that one mechanic walked/quitted on him. So, Steve told us that jeep will be ready on March 27th for sure. So, we decided to reserve the hotel, rental car and etc to pick up the jeep. I called but found out that Steve was fired and jeep won't be ready til first week of April. I contacted Chrysler and they said sorry and nothing they can do about it? I told them that we wasted whole 3 months on jeep payments and insurance payments.

So, I wonder about side collision... Really that long? I d accept if it's 1 or 1.5 months but 3 months and still counting?!?

What would you guys do if you were in my shoe?

Thanks
In Wisconsin,if a service department has your vehicle for a month, they have to pay a car payment. A collision would most likely be a different matter, and if it was the other parties fault, their insurance should be covering the payments, plus hotel, plus transportation. They are required by law to leave you in the same financial state. If its your fault, then your insurance might, depending on fine print and deductible, but I'm guessing that would be excluded in the fine print.
Duh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2015, 12:32 PM   #6
Clirry
2014 WK 

I have to apologize that I spelled wrong city name which it is Westbrook not Webster.

I just learned that the collision center doesn't have any reviews but dealership... Guess I misunderstood and went ahead which it was mistake... But I decided to surprise them last Friday, dashboard and seats got back inside but 5 mm of dust everywhere but I don't mind because they ll clean it. But the doors, fender, side skirt, rear and front bumper haven't installed yet. Or painted.

I bluntly asked them will it be ready by this Friday, they were like eh.. They plan to paint doors today which they told me last Friday. And asked me to call them for update on this Wednesday. So, I will definitely update you guys on Wednesday. They finally offered us a rental at any enterprise... We will see what happens.

I ought ask if can they covers the payment but doubfully.

Thanks
Unread 03-30-2015, 12:46 PM   #7
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

If its Lee, thats a pretty big outfit near Portland. You would think they would take better care of you.

On their website, Lee Collision Center promises to:

Provide a prompt estimate
Deal with your insurance company so you don't have to
Arrange for alternate transportation
Order parts
Repair your vehicle in a timely manner
Return your repaired vehicle to you as soon as possible

I drive by there once every two or three weeks. My daughter lives in Portland and boards her sheep over near Gorham, and Westbrook is between where they live and the farm.
Unread 03-30-2015, 04:08 PM   #8
SouthDakota

2014 WK 

After they are done, they had best do a full clean/detail job on it before handing you back the keys. They owe you that much, as long as you've been waiting.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
5.7L Hemi V8, Luxury Group II, Navigation
SouthDakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2015, 09:09 PM   #9
Tweezer19
2014 WK 

Yikes, sorry to hear about all of this. I see you are in Smithfield. I attended Bryant for a short while back when they were a "College".
Unread 03-31-2015, 06:24 AM   #10
Chris9674T
2011 WK 

WOW! Good luck with this...I hope you get your Jeep back soon.

I had similar damage to my 2011 last year, and it was tied up for about 3 weeks. I guess that's the advantage of getting into a wreck close to home and being able to use a shop I know and trust.
Chris9674T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2015, 06:04 AM   #11
Clirry
2014 WK 

UPDATE:::

Finally got jeep back home since December 30th. Paint look good but found some scratches from sanding... and one bubble near taillight area. So, they fixed the scratches but bubble no.

Got free complimentary for exterior reconditioning AT their shop... I have to admit that I got some fears to bring jeep back there.

Overall, got jeep back and it drives like new!

Cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.