Auto Lock function on 2012 JGC limited missing? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Auto Lock function on 2012 JGC limited missing?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 11-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #16
pschofie
2012 WK 

Thanks for the update that is the same answer that I got here in Australia. At least they are consistent.

Incidentally does your vehicle have the Homelink system in the overhead console?

My vehicle does not and I want to order a US domestic overhead console to fit this system to my Jeep, naturally none of the dealers here have a clue as it is specific to the US market only. My gate controllers were all sourced from the USA and are Homelink ready.

Could you please do me a huge favor and ask your dealer parts I need to order to do this retro fit on my jeep.

I have a 2012 GC overland V8

Regards,

Paul

pschofie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2011, 03:45 AM   #17
AIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pschofie View Post
Thanks for the update that is the same answer that I got here in Australia. At least they are consistent.

Incidentally does your vehicle have the Homelink system in the overhead console?

My vehicle does not and I want to order a US domestic overhead console to fit this system to my Jeep, naturally none of the dealers here have a clue as it is specific to the US market only. My gate controllers were all sourced from the USA and are Homelink ready.

Could you please do me a huge favor and ask your dealer parts I need to order to do this retro fit on my jeep.

I have a 2012 GC overland V8

Regards,

Paul
Hey Paul,

I am actually in Lebanon not the US, however I did ask the parts division here and they said they don't order this option to Lebanon and do not order as a stand alone unit... But they said that in theory the homelink system should work on any fairly new garage door system as most of them use the same frequency wave (something like that)...

You'd be better off having someone in the states ask one of their dealers there...

Cheers...
AIB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2011, 01:19 AM   #18
pschofie
2012 WK 

The Homelink saga continues, the export vehicles have extra sensors and the US domestic models don't have the sensors as standard.

I found out what the sensors do, they are for the vehicle security system and they are the alarm movement sensors, the alarm seems to be standard in the export vehicles and optional in the domestic US vehicles.

I am trying to find the correct part number fir the console with Homelink and the sensors...
pschofie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 12:42 AM   #19
Bluehighways
2012 WK 

From page 39 of my 2012 Owners Manual:

"Automatic Door Locks — If Equipped
When enabled, the door locks will lock automatically when the vehicle’s speed exceeds 15 mph (24 km/h). The auto door lock feature can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer per written request of the customer. Please see your authorized dealer for service."
Bluehighways is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #20
diegom6

As previously said, some markets are diffrent, thus, the programation/equipment/options of the vehicles are different.

We have found that over different rpoduction years of the same model for our market Chrysler has changed the options from being activated/deactivated from ther EVIC to just make it possible by placing the StarScan or WiTech scanner (we have those in our dealer of course) and run the option desired to enable or disable it.

Also we have serviced for years private imported US specs Jeeps and we know they are different in many aspects than our "export" BUX models for options, etc.

When you leave your Jeep at the dealership, be sure to tell them to check that option is enable if you like it, otherwise, perhaps and dissconected battery could set by default to be disable the desired option and run a customer complain after picking it up since you don't have acces through the EVIC.
- ARB Lockers
-Dana30 -Dana44 Rear
- AX15
diegom6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.