Auto high beams - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Auto high beams

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 05-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
Tank0428

Auto high beams

Can my 2012 grand cherokee altitude be programmed for auto high beams? I feel like this is something that should have been included in my truck. My though is that it's something the dealership might have to unlock being its used.

Tank0428 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
kayoticworld
2012 WK 

There is a sensor behind the rear view mirror in the Wk2's that are equipped with auto high beams. There is also a function in the in the menu settings that has to be turned on. To answer your question......I'm not sure if their is some aftermarket work around to make auto high beams work on non equipped Wk2's. Check your menu settings to see if its available.
Unread 05-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
Tank0428

Thanks for the help. I went through the settings and there was nothing available. The sensor on the mirror, do you know what it looks like or what I am looking for?
Tank0428 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #4
hobbie1
2011 WK 

It is part of a large shroud around the rearview mirror. There is a camera inside that controls the high beams. It is progressive based on the length away from other cars. You would need the HID lamps also. Most likely this would be an expensive upgrade. it is a completely different mirror.
2013 Ford Mustang GT and 1966 Ford Mustang 289 5-SPD 289
hobbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
GrootKoos
2012 WK 

Auto high beams are more of an irritation than a help. When the you drive slower than a certain speed - like you would on a bad gravel or dirt road - the high beams do not work and you cannot see where you are going.

I disabled my Jeep's auto high beams two weeks after I got it
GrootKoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #6
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrootKoos
Auto high beams are more of an irritation than a help. When the you drive slower than a certain speed - like you would on a bad gravel or dirt road - the high beams do not work and you cannot see where you are going.

I disabled my Jeep's auto high beams two weeks after I got it
You only have to turn them off .
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
mpuzach
2012 WK 

I suppose everyone has their own opinions. My 2012 Limited is equipped with auto high beams and I think they're great. They work much better than I thought they would.
mpuzach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #8
Webb
2012 WK 

Mine works great too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.