audio/video outputs on 430N - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > audio/video outputs on 430N

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-30-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
weebs74
2011 WK 

audio/video outputs on 430N

I am ordering a JGC with the 430N. I don't want to fork out the $1500 for the rear seat dvd. Do any of you know if I can run my own monitors out the headrests down the road and run the DVD off the head unit? I know I would have these options on an aftermarket radio, but I was hoping that this newer set-up would also allow for that. Also, how would I hook up the audio?

weebs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
MWB14

I too am interested in doing this. The only thing that I have found is the Lockpick, an aftermarket add on that enables video and audio out from the radio, I picked one up for less than $200. Only other issue is that the factory headrests are active head restraints, you can remove them which is fairly easy to do, but doing so causes the airbag light to come on. Maybe someone knows how to bypass the active head restraints, I have looked into it, but haven't found anyway to do it. If you figure it out let us know, I know that there are several people interested in doing this.
MWB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am not 100% sure if you can do it stock, but Lockpick 3 says you can output video. Look into that. It will also unlock the GPS so that you can find GPS locations while driving (rather than only having go home and recently found as options), and it will allow you to use the backup camera in any gear lever position (I would have found that useful last week when we almost got rear ended, slammed the gas and I stop short of the car in front of me to avoid the accident).
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.