Atf fluid in the garage floor.. so what's leaking? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Atf fluid in the garage floor.. so what's leaking?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

Atf fluid in the garage floor.. so what's leaking?

Hey guys..

I have a 2011 with around 76k on it. Its practically been parked since the snow left us in April but has been driven to work occasionally, etc. A few weeks ago, I backed it out to clean the garage and wash the jeep. No fluid then. It hasn't been moved since. Last night I was going to drive it to pick up some coolers and... boo... ATF fluid in the floor. There's a lot more on the skid plate. Is this a transfer case leak?

The torque converter has been replaced on my jeep while trying to fix the fish bite, but it has been over 2 years since the replacement. I'm hoping a tasked or seal wasn't replaced and is now leaking.

I have little knowledge on this side of things. What appears to be leaking?

2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
hur1ey02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
CIEGOS
2011 WK 

I know the 2011 steering racks have a tendency to have boots that leak. So it could be the transfer case or transmission as well. Those are the only 3 components that use ATF. Check the boots on the steering rack mine went bad.
CIEGOS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 03:52 AM   #3
pwrdbym

Honestly, you're going to have to get under there and figure out where the fluid is coming from. Once you locate the drip, take a picture and post it up, then we can help.
pwrdbym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

Just realized that the pics didn't show.. sorry guys.
ey guys..
2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
hur1ey02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.