Any performance parts for the '14 GC? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Any performance parts for the '14 GC?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 01-11-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
Lifted07Duramax
1999 WJ 

Any performance parts for the '14 GC?

I dont know what engine I want yet but I cant seem to find any performance parts for any of the engines.
No tunes, exhaust, intake nothing

Can someoneo point me in the right direction?

Lifted07Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 01:06 AM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

If you do a forum search you will find a couple recent discussions. I'm surprised you are having a hard time finding any discussions.

The best bang for your buck is a diablo tuner and a custom tune (e.g. hemitune). Not sure if they are out for the 2014s yet. Folks that want high street performance migrate to the SRT.

Anything else is hardly noticeable and may do more harm than good.
Unread 01-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
Lifted07Duramax
1999 WJ 

So theres no headers for the 5.7 2014?

I want a 2014 but if I went with a SRT I could probably only afford a 2011 but the new ones are so badass.

Plus I want to make mine look more offroadable and not street so I dont think a SRT would work for that lol
Lifted07Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Headers will not buy you much even if available. A custom header fabricator could probably weld some up for you, but the WK2 engine compartment is tight. Every once in awhile here a group tries to get together for a group buy, but it doesn't seem to materialize as I'm guessing headers for the 5.7 are not that feasible. There was someone trying to replace the 5.7 with a 6.4 but never could get the computer to work properly.

By the way, "performance" parts for 2011-2013 should fit the 2014 physically. The 2014 has a different transmission and different control bus, but is otherwise the same. IMHO, beside a tuner and some brake, tire, and suspension bits, there is no real performance upgrades available for the WK2, but there are several that will make the WK2 sound better (e.g CAIs and Cat Backs)
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #5
LindsayAtBorla

Hi Lifted07Duramax

If you are looking for a cat-back system, Borla does offer part # 14406 for the 2014 5.7L GC , which can be used with the factory skid plate. We also offer two rear sections for the SRT-8; the aggressive “S-Type” and the loudest offering, “ATAK”. Our exhaust systems provide the noticeable sound benefit, performance benefits over factory exhausts, and don’t void the factory warranty. That’s all backed by our industry leading million mile warranty. I’ve included video links below to help. If you have any questions about our products, give us a call at 805-986-8600 and we’ll be happy to help you out. Good luck with your search & happy motoring!

5.7L GC Cat-Back System:
http://www.borla.com/products/wk2_gr...t__140406.html

VIDEO: Borla Exhaust for the 2012-14 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8:
www.borla.com
LindsayAtBorla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.