Any Good Luck WK2 stories at 5,000+ miles yet? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Any Good Luck WK2 stories at 5,000+ miles yet?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 12-12-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
decooney

Any Good Luck WK2 stories at 5,000+ miles yet?

After reading a few threads about noises in dashes, transmission downshifting issues, 4x4 air-lift warning messages, and other problems - one must ask; what about all the people who are having better luck. After putting one on special order, it would be nice to hear from those not having issues. Or, at a minimum, hearing back from those who had issues were later taken care of by Chrysler/Jeep. Just like anything else, a lot of times you only hear about the problems, and not the successes on forums like this. I realize they are still new, but every once in a while you'll get someone who puts a lot of miles on, quickly.

Anyone out there with a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 with say 5,000+ miles driving in mixed terrain having great luck, with NO PROBLEMS, and thoroughly enjoying yours?

decooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
UNCjeepWK2
2011 WK 

I have logged almost 5,500 miles and have experienced the following...

1. Rattle in instrument panel... had it "fixed" once, but problem persisted... taking it back on Tuesday. Not a big deal.

2. Some crackling in speakers when playing ipod through console USB outlet. Not often, but it happens esp when turned up fairly loud.

3. More than anything, though, I've experienced pure joy in driving my new WK2 (HEMI). Overall, it's been fantastic.
UNCjeepWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
getoutandplay
2011 WK 

I have not hit 5k miles yet.....at 2,500 now but the only issue i have had is the back of the driver seat popping out. other than that, no rattles, no warning lights, nothing.
getoutandplay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #4
UNCjeepWK2
2011 WK 

Also, have had issues with keyfob and door-handle lock button not working 100% of the time... will have that looked at on Tuesday, as well.
UNCjeepWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

Got mine in late July - actually the first customer in north jersey to take delivery! I'm at about 11,000 miles and not a single issue to report. Completely thrilled with this vehicle. Just put ski racks on the cross bars and am looking forward to seeing how this model handles the snow. Bring it on!
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
wjs81866

Limited has 8,900 miles, no issues. Slight shudder issue but since they flashed the system it's rare if at all. No other issues at all.
Quadra Trac 2
Lux Group 2
20" tires and rims
Towing package

2) 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X
Blackberry Pearl
5.7L
Quadra Drive 2
Quadra Lift
Laredo X Group 25 package
Chrome Fogs and Mirrors
Off-Road Adventure II Package
P265/60R18 Michelin LTX M/S 2's
BWoody 4" Velocity Intake
wjs81866 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
SPL170db

Laredo V6, 7400 miles on it, no issues at all other than a windshield that has handprints etched into the glass that I have to take in to get replaced
SPL170db is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2010, 04:44 AM   #8
Gonavy629
2011 WK 

I have an Overland, Hemi with 5100 miles. Not a single problem worth mentioning. This is a solidly built, well designed, and pure joy to drive vehicle. My wife and I fight over who gets to drive it...lol.
Gonavy629 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2010, 07:57 AM   #9
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Wk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonavy629 View Post
I have an Overland, Hemi with 5100 miles. Not a single problem worth mentioning. This is a solidly built, well designed, and pure joy to drive vehicle. My wife and I fight over who gets to drive it...lol.
You should do what WJS81866 did... and get ur own
Unread 12-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
newjeeper11
2011 WK 

We have 3,500 miles on our Overland Hemi and not a single problem other than it's my wife's car and I want to drive it all the time... That's saying something since my car is a Mercedes. Build quality and feeling of solidity of this Jeep GC are right on par with Mercedes Benz in my opinion. As well it should since the chassis is derived from the ML platform. Everything seems very highquality in this Jeep. Next year I may trade the Benz and get my own since my wife doesn't like to share!

We had a light snow a week or so ago and the GC did not slip slide, etc. It feels like driving a monster truck to me with those huge 20" wheels/tires...but I am used to driving about six inches off the ground in my car.
newjeeper11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2010, 06:14 AM   #11
Gonavy629
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_WK View Post
You should do what WJS81866 did... and get ur own
Ha Ha...that is tempting! I'm retiring from the Navy after 27 years next year and I'm holding out to get my retirement gift to myself...a corvette Z06! Then there will be no arguments...lol.
Unread 12-21-2010, 07:16 AM   #12
wjs81866

I wanted an Overland but in my diabolical plan to have my own Jeep that I didn't have to share I knew we would need 2. I bought the Limited first and then the Laredo about 3 weeks apart. I was driving the Limited, the wife was not even sure if she wanted to drive a truck. Then she drove it.......and I knew that her powers would slowly take it from me. I bought the Laredo and all is well. Plus her Bonneville's heater quit working. Had I not bought the Laredo I'm certain I would have been driving a car with no heat. So it's all good.
Quadra Trac 2
Lux Group 2
20" tires and rims
Towing package

2) 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X
Blackberry Pearl
5.7L
Quadra Drive 2
Quadra Lift
Laredo X Group 25 package
Chrome Fogs and Mirrors
Off-Road Adventure II Package
P265/60R18 Michelin LTX M/S 2's
BWoody 4" Velocity Intake
wjs81866 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
Gonavy629
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs81866 View Post
I wanted an Overland but in my diabolical plan to have my own Jeep that I didn't have to share I knew we would need 2. I bought the Limited first and then the Laredo about 3 weeks apart. I was driving the Limited, the wife was not even sure if she wanted to drive a truck. Then she drove it.......and I knew that her powers would slowly take it from me. I bought the Laredo and all is well. Plus her Bonneville's heater quit working. Had I not bought the Laredo I'm certain I would have been driving a car with no heat. So it's all good.
I don't blame you for buying a second one...I think it's that good of a vehicle! I want a corvette z06 but honestly, I'm thinking of getting a srt8 when they come out instead. I love the ride, versatility and comfort. The GC is the best vehicle I've owned hands down. Having two in the family is certainly a possibility and I'm jealous you have two!
Unread 12-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #14
CTO1
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCjeepWK2 View Post
2. Some crackling in speakers when playing ipod through console USB outlet. Not often, but it happens esp when turned up fairly loud.
I've experienced the same thing. It's not that big of a deal to me since I also put music on the HDD and it sounds just fine. I figure a future software or iPod update will eventually fix it. I will really be nice once I can play my iPhone 3GS through the USB port, but who knows when that fiasco will get resolved.

Other than that the only other nitpicky thing I know of is that the average fuel economy reading has been a little enthusiastic about the mileage. It's usually been anywhere from 1 to 2 MPG over what the actual mileage has been based on using regular math, and that's after resetting it a couple of times. I'm only at just below 3K miles and it's been mostly city driving so I haven't gotten more than 20 MPG yet, but I'll be taking some long trips soon so I think I'll get there. It doesn't help that I have BFG AT tires that are 1" bigger than the stock size.
CTO1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #15
JTS97Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonavy629 View Post
I don't blame you for buying a second one...I think it's that good of a vehicle! I want a corvette z06 but honestly, I'm thinking of getting a srt8 when they come out instead. I love the ride, versatility and comfort. The GC is the best vehicle I've owned hands down. Having two in the family is certainly a possibility and I'm jealous you have two!
GET THE Z06!!!! (trust me) The absolute BEST combo ever is a sweet Jeep daily driver and a Z06 as the summer nice weather toy. I to have considered waiting for the new SRT8 but after owning a 2008 SRT8 which I loved I ended up selling it because I couldnt stand the fuel economy. I knew what I was getting into but it is downright BAD. If you drive it daily you have to fill it up every couple days with premium obviously. Even if you are filthy rich it would be downright annoying. Since the WK2 V8 saw no improvement fuel effieciency wise I see no reason why the heavier more powerful 2012 SRT8 will. Infact could even be worse who knows. Its ashame, but no thanks!

I have a 2006 C6 Z06 and let me tell you something. It is downright scary fast! Over 500hp at 3,000lbs! And to top it off I average 21mpg around town and have gotten as high as 31mpg on the highway.

I plan on purchasing a mineral gray with saddle interior Overland in the spring!

James
JTS97Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.