Alludc's 33s & Lifted Altitude build thread... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Alludc's 33s & Lifted Altitude build thread...

JKS Grand Cherokee WJ, Adjustable Front Trackbar 1"-6Teraflex JK HD Hinged Carrier & Adjustable Spare Tire FREE, FREE, FREE EVENT!! Save big on Lockers now till Apri

Unread 11-01-2015, 10:33 PM   #1
alludc
2015 WK 

Alludc's 33s & Lifted Altitude build thread...

Well....Cats outta the bag. So I guess Ill start my build thread.

I understand many dont believe the 20" thing for a vehicle that gets used ALOT offroad, but mine does. I had no intention of using a crazy offset and big mud tires that required rolling, pinching, cutting etc. Mine all works, no rubs and no mods needed to fenderwell. Tested with turning and compression on all 4 corners to ensure everything would play nice once I took it back to the Trails...and it does. The 2013 SEMA build that gets talked about around here caught a lot of slack. It was also never meant to go play. Mine is.

2015 4x4 Altitude, Bright white with 9 speaker sound and tow pkg.
So far, the build consists of:
Rocky Road Outfitters 2.5" lift
TSW ( Black Rhino ) 20x8.5 +30 Matte Black Mozambique Rotary forged wheels
Atturo Trailblade XT Tires 33x12.5-20
Magnaflow #19216 black catback.
Airaid intake
Bolt lock receiver lock
EAwraps.com vinyl wrapping
Curt cargo rack
Yakima Whispbars
Allen Sports Hitch mounted bike carrier
Mopar Skids

Unfinished, but coming soon:
Steel Armadillo custom Skid plates
Custom Rock Rails
Chief Products Nudge bar
Bilstein 5100s (in my possesion but not yet done)
Gobi ladder

As time allows, visit Home I hope to get some work done on the site soon, but for now the reviews have started and the links to products are up.

Heres my baby....

www.facebook.com/wk2project
alludc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2015, 10:34 PM   #2
alludc
2015 WK 

my point for the build (as most of mine are) is to be unique...but still functional. I live in AZ. Sandy desert, rocky trails, red rock mountains, snow just a couple hours and 7000 feet of elevation away...all in abundance. I USE THIS. I take it off-road at any given opportunity. Runnin with the Wranglers, or out with the 4runners and FJs. Doesnt matter to me.

I know some will say...wtf. Why an Altitude for off-road?!? You dont even have the good 4wd system or a Hemi. I say why not. I love the look of the Altitude, and the interior is by far my favorite...and thats where you spend most of your time. My Hemi 12 (altitude wannabe) was loaded to the gills including Quadra-trac II. Other than just to twist the dial just to do it, I never had to adjust it to anything but auto in my adventures. It was always plenty capable, as is this new one. I do go out and play, but I dont do anything crazy enough that would require more than a simple 4wd system, ground clearance, and good driving choices.

Best part of my build so far has been the addition of the 33s. Getting that additional ground clearance was key. Its generous from the factory (at its lowest point of lower control arms) of around 8.4-8.5". As measured right now im at 10". Some of my favorite places to go required a bit extra, this gives me that. For example " the stairs " at Broken Arrow in Sedona AZ. Not necessary, but always good to have extra up there.

Anyway, will discuss my Mod choices and reviews in a later thread.
Unread 11-01-2015, 10:37 PM   #3
alludc
2015 WK 

Heres what she sounds like...

WOT is at 4:00 if you wanna skip ahead. System is Magnaflow #19216 Black. It was one of the 1st mods I did

Unread 11-02-2015, 11:36 AM   #4
Haybine

The black grill and hood look tough. Nice clean look, love it! Also, I don't see an issue with running 20s with 33s for off road use on these. I would understand that for a built crawler but I think these vehicles will find their limits long before 20 inch wheels became a limit.
Nice job with the build!
Haybine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2015, 08:10 PM   #5
slicvic19

What a nice build! I love the way the big wheels and lift fit together. My exact plan of mods soon for sure.
slicvic19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #6
jswerve
1998 ZJ 

Beautiful

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Unread 11-03-2015, 09:57 PM   #7
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Nice. Just a note that those Atturo Trailblade XT Tires are spec'd at 32.8 inch diameter... and that .2 inch can make a difference when fitting tires on a WK2. Some "33" tire models are larger than 33 inches.

http://atturo.com/moto/trail-blade-xt-specs
Unread 11-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #8
alludc
2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Nice. Just a note that those Atturo Trailblade XT Tires are spec'd at 32.8 inch diameter... and that .2 inch can make a difference when fitting tires on a WK2. Some "33" tire models are larger than 33 inches.

http://atturo.com/moto/trail-blade-xt-specs
Agreed. Im a "close enough" kinda cat, but I understand. In my case, the .2 would not have caused a rub with the wheel offset I chose. However, in other cases it could have been a problem. So it is good to point out. 32.8 was always in my math as I had decided on the tire already when I looked for the wheel.
I have yet to have a rub and have not done any modifications to the fenderliner felt, or the pinch weld. I have a more aggressive offroad trip planned soon and will bring tools with just in case, but im curious if it will handle it as I expect it to.
Unread 11-04-2015, 04:01 PM   #9
polizei

Cool build. I'm in the opposite crowd though, if the true OD isn't 33.0+, it's not a 33" tire, which means you have 32" tires. But, to each their own.
Unread 11-06-2015, 10:10 AM   #10
Simmer124
2011 WK 

that is a gorgeous Jeep! I wanted the white on black so bad, but the wife wouldn't budge. She wanted an older SUMMIT.
Unread 11-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #11
alludc
2015 WK 

Unread 11-10-2015, 06:59 PM   #12
polizei

Curious how you decide to mount/dismount the spare tire on the roof rack. Mine are super heavy, I mean like...I almost can't lift them just rotating the tires...let-a-lone picking one up and putting it on the roof, being lifted at that!
Unread 11-11-2015, 10:31 AM   #13
alludc
2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polizei View Post
Curious how you decide to mount/dismount the spare tire on the roof rack. Mine are super heavy, I mean like...I almost can't lift them just rotating the tires...let-a-lone picking one up and putting it on the roof, being lifted at that!

I workout some.... and im 6'3 so it aint much of a stretch for me.
wheel & tire combo comes out to about 90lbs. I hear ya though, it aint light. Only reason it goes on roof is if I have a bunch of gear with me or people in the Jeep, otherwise it sits in the hatch.
Unread 11-11-2015, 02:44 PM   #14
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

so this has QT1 not QT2?
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #15
polizei

Quote:
Originally Posted by alludc View Post

I workout some.... and im 6'3 so it aint much of a stretch for me.
wheel & tire combo comes out to about 90lbs. I hear ya though, it aint light. Only reason it goes on roof is if I have a bunch of gear with me or people in the Jeep, otherwise it sits in the hatch.
Wow, kudos!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.