"Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4 - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > "Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #121
Big50
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Took about an hour total. I have no idea how well fishing line will work but I remember another guy on here using it and sounded like it worked out well. Personally, I think it will work just as well as a heat gun. The heat gun was only like $20 anyway at home depot. Beer...helps. I only had one sam adams during my chrome removal. Overall I love the look.

Thanks, silt!

Big50, I never had duratracs. I have only had these since I swapped out from the stock tires.
You know i thought so but I must have read the wrong signature and thought yours said duratracs

In instead of a heat gun I just used the wife's hair dryer

Unread 06-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #122
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big50

You know i thought so but I must have read the wrong signature and thought yours said duratracs

In instead of a heat gun I just used the wife's hair dryer
I tried a hair dryer first but it wasn't quick enough for me. Haha

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using JeepForum

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #123
mturo

I really like what you did with the jeep, was the lift installed by TTW?
Unread 07-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #124
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturo View Post
I really like what you did with the jeep, was the lift installed by TTW?
Lol yes, it was. And I will never go back. They did not take responsibility for breaking an ABS sensor. The dealer couldn't prove whether they broke it or it came from the factory that way so they fixed it under warranty anyway. I am confident that they broke it. The actual mechanic that installed it was a great guy and was apologetic that there was that hiccup but the owner was a jerk and cared more about my money than the outcome.

And thanks!!

Unread 07-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #125
mturo

Quote:
Lol yes, it was. And I will never go back. They did not take responsibility for breaking an ABS sensor. The dealer couldn't prove whether they broke it or it came from the factory that way so they fixed it under warranty anyway. I am confident that they broke it. The actual mechanic that installed it was a great guy and was apologetic that there was that hiccup but the owner was a jerk and cared more about my money than the outcome.

And thanks!!
Ya i had a few friends in highschool work for them, I would not trust them as they had no more experience working on trucks then i do which is minimal. also went over there one time and they forgot to put pieces of a truck back on so instead of actually calling the guy they just through the parts out. so i wouldn't trust them on my cars. sorry to hear about your experience there man.
Unread 07-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #126
Rckstar113
2011 WK 

Gorgeous lookin GC bro! Love the whole combo!

-2001 Chevy Corvette Z06 - Black on Black/Mod Red - 12.3@115 BONE STOCK.

-2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - 3.6L, OR1 Pack, Selec-terrain, panoramic roof, ect... needs lift, tube bumper, roof rack, and meaty wheels!
Rckstar113 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #127
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturo View Post
Ya i had a few friends in highschool work for them, I would not trust them as they had no more experience working on trucks then i do which is minimal. also went over there one time and they forgot to put pieces of a truck back on so instead of actually calling the guy they just through the parts out. so i wouldn't trust them on my cars. sorry to hear about your experience there man.
Just now saw this. That is crazy!! Doesn't surprise me. When I went back to tell them my ABS was replaced and all, I asked for my stock sway bar links and he took me out back and picked them up from the garbage!! Last I checked those factory parts came off my Grand Cherokee that I paid for so you do not have the right to just take those off and do whatever you want with them. Not that I plan to use them but they are still my parts from my vehicle. Just remarkable how pathetic customer service has gone to a lot of businesses these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckstar113 View Post
Gorgeous lookin GC bro! Love the whole combo!
Thank you. Once I get married in the fall, hopefully I will have a little bit of my money back and I can get more toys. I really want to add a roof rack with spare tire mount and get the hidden winch mount both from RRO. about a $1500 investment. Can't wait. I know the CAI and exhaust argument but I want to do both also. Not for MPG but for the sound. Some cant see spending money on sound but I can!! w00t

Unread 07-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #128
JL-KA

Quote:
Once I get married in the fall, hopefully I will have a little bit of my money back and I can get more toys.

Good luck with that.
JL-KA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #129
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL-KA

Good luck with that.
I know....wishful thinking! Hahaha at least she's not high maintenance. And stuff she wants, she buys with her money. We will see. Lol

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using JeepForum

Unread 07-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #130
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I have gone to 4 different auto part store in search of the 7444 bulb (front turn signal). Two weeks ago a suicidal goose in louisiana dive bombed by passenger side headlight causing the bulb to somehow blow. Nobody carries the amber version of the bulb, only clear. I bought an LED set on superbrightleds.com but the base didnt fit 100% snug and it flashed a little too fast for my liking (reminded of of a rice burner) so I returned them. Only place I havent tried is Napa.

Unread 08-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #131
C0mbatChris
2011 WK 

Did you ever find the bulb? How hard was it to replace? I have heard that the headlight bulbs are a PITA to change. I can't remember if its all one assembly or if the turn signals are separate...
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Upgraded to 430N RHB MyGig }{ 3.6L V6 Laredo X }{ Off-Road Adventure I }{ Trail Rated }{ QTII }{ Selec-Terrain }{ OEM Skid Plate Group }{ Flex Fuel[/FONT][/CENTER][/COLOR]
C0mbatChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #132
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I did. Napa had to order it. Stealership wanted $9.50 for a single turn signal lamp and didn't know when it would come in. I told them to order it then I went to Napa. Napa ordered 2 lamps and got them 3 hours later. $5.50 for two. If I was the dealership, I would have pulled a lamp from a WK2 in the lot, make the customer happy, then put the ordered one back in that one. Whatever. I am a pretty patient person but also little things like that speak volumes, to me at least. I wasn't going to pay $9.50 for a bulb anyway. I didn't pull the headlight or anything. I have skinny arms and girlish-thin hands so I was able to squeeze through all the stuff in the engine compartment. Just do it when the engine is cold. I forgot I was driving around all day and the heat got my arm for a second. haha

Unread 08-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #133
C0mbatChris
2011 WK 

Awesome. Great build!
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Upgraded to 430N RHB MyGig }{ 3.6L V6 Laredo X }{ Off-Road Adventure I }{ Trail Rated }{ QTII }{ Selec-Terrain }{ OEM Skid Plate Group }{ Flex Fuel[/FONT][/CENTER][/COLOR]
C0mbatChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #134
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks! More toys are on hold until after my wedding in Oct.

Unread 08-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #135
MaineJeep11
2011 WK 

Quote:
I have skinny arms and girlish-thin hands so I was able to squeeze through all the stuff in the engine compartment.
This was really funny to read Jackal, gave me a good laugh but sounds like it helped you get the bulb changed!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.