"Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4 - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > "Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #106
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Oh yea it got dirty. The day we arrived in Durango there was a bad wind storm until late that night. The mountains couldnt even be seen from down. So the Jeep was just covered in dirt and sand from the first day on. I was happy with the way the WK2 handled the trail. I know it wasn't like Black Bear Pass or something like that but it was still somewhat of a challenge with a 4x4 system I was not familiar with. I was used to my 4x4 Ranger back in my earlier years of driving which was just 4x4 hi and 4x4 lo. No terrain management systems. I kinda miss the simpler times. Few more

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 03:18 AM   #107
ClarkeyWKCRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01
6 coats, 2 cans of plasti dip. Was a very simple process. Just popped the pieces off carefully, clean and apply the plasti dip. Let dry for a few hours. Enjoy.
Hey Jackal.

Just wondering if you removed the grille to spray it? I've seen that it is a complex process with the front bumper having to be removed and I'm not up for that. Also take a look at some pic of my 3M Di-noc job.

Cheers,

Clarkey.
image-2630253156.jpg   image-1049421178.jpg   image-941843853.jpg  
ClarkeyWKCRD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 04:56 AM   #108
fljeepleo
2011 WK 

Beautiful pictures Jackal,, I am so jealous!
2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7, QD2
fljeepleo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #109
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeyWKCRD View Post
Hey Jackal.

Just wondering if you removed the grille to spray it? I've seen that it is a complex process with the front bumper having to be removed and I'm not up for that. Also take a look at some pic of my 3M Di-noc job.

Cheers,

Clarkey.
Yes I did. Both pieces literally just pop off. Just have to gently pry at a corner and work your way around until it comes off.

Your paint job looks flippin sweet.

Unread 06-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #110
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Jackal01:

Your Jeep looks great and I'm glad to see you taking it off-road and using it to explore beyond the pavement - good times!

I'm still hunting for a lightly used GC, which would make for my 3rd (previous two had zero issues during ownership). They are fabulous vehicles, especially the WK2 with a moderate lift like yours.
DangFoo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #111
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangFoo View Post
Jackal01:

Your Jeep looks great and I'm glad to see you taking it off-road and using it to explore beyond the pavement - good times!

I'm still hunting for a lightly used GC, which would make for my 3rd (previous two had zero issues during ownership). They are fabulous vehicles, especially the WK2 with a moderate lift like yours.
Thank you!! I love it. My first Jeep. I do not think I am going back to Ford, or any other brand, unless I hit the jackpot in which case I am gonna get a Raptor (always wanted one since they came out).

Unread 06-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #112
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

Didn't know you were all in Durango!! Should of hit me up! Looks like yall enjoyed it though
Unread 06-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #113
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSiltSurfer
Didn't know you were all in Durango!! Should of hit me up! Looks like yall enjoyed it though
Well....dang it!!! I didn't know you lived there. I was there for a week dude!! Well between durango and silverton for a week. I'll be near Denver next month for a wedding. Flying though.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using JeepForum

Unread 06-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #114
steveinaz
2011 WK 

Very cool mods man!
Tow package
steveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #115
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Update on my windows. The shop is going to replace 3 of the windows. Total of 5 were re-tinted but 4 were damaged. The fourth one is not even noticeable unless you are at the perfect angle, the planets are aligned while standing on one foot looking to the north on the last day in February in a Leap Year. Needless to say, there is no point in having it replaced. They have their own "window guy". I got my own quotes ranging from $1300-$1500 for non-Mopar glass. Non-Mopar glass really does not bother me so I am going with whatever they use. Should be a couple weeks before it is does. Windows being replaced: rear hatch, passenger side quarter window and driver-side passenger door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
Very cool mods man!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeyWKCRD View Post
Hey Jackal.

Cheers,

Clarkey.
Ok yea I am interested in the 3M route. Can you do a write up? If so, post it in the write up-sticky on the WK2 page, please.

Unread 06-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #116
JeepJeep2012
2012 WK 

You have some great photos.. Thanks!
JeepJeep2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #117
runamuck21

Looks great thanks for all the pics
runamuck21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #118
Big50
2012 WK 

Awesome pix! Jeep looks great and looks like a blast.

This' my favorite:

Edit: I just noticed, did you swap out the duratracs?
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #119
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post

Hey man, how long did this take? I'm planning on doing this during my next day off, 1) I don't have a heat gun, just fishing line hoping that the Colorado Fire heat will be enough as long as I work on the side facing the sun. 2) however, I do have Beer... 3) got the sticky removal stuff too, thanks looks clean without those pieces IMO
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #120
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Took about an hour total. I have no idea how well fishing line will work but I remember another guy on here using it and sounded like it worked out well. Personally, I think it will work just as well as a heat gun. The heat gun was only like $20 anyway at home depot. Beer...helps. I only had one sam adams during my chrome removal. Overall I love the look.

Thanks, silt!

Big50, I never had duratracs. I have only had these since I swapped out from the stock tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.