"Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4 - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > "Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #76
fljeepleo
2011 WK 

Hey Jackal I love your jeep! Looking at your profile, how were you able to get ORA2 in a Laredo,, I thought that was only available for Overlands.

2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7, QD2
fljeepleo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #77
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljeepleo View Post
Hey Jackal I love your jeep! Looking at your profile, how were you able to get ORA2 in a Laredo,, I thought that was only available for Overlands.
Typo. Sorry

Oh and thanks!

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #78
jgc4ever
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljeepleo View Post
You can get ORA II on a Laredo. It include QL Air Suspension and Tow Group IV package. It's $2125. It includes Quadra Drive II, skid plates and tow hooks as well. You might have to select the HEMI engine to get it.
http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...RJFAT9CC203794
jgc4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #79
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

By the way yours is still one of my favorite builds currently on here man, lookin good

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #80
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Thank you. I plan on RRO super sliders, the RRO hidden winch mount that they are still working on and a roof rack. And I am sure so more toys later on. Maybe some performance toys if any ever come out.

Unread 04-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #81
fljeepleo
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgc4ever

You can get ORA II on a Laredo. It include QL Air Suspension and Tow Group IV package. It's $2125. It includes Quadra Drive II, skid plates and tow hooks as well. You might have to select the HEMI engine to get it.
http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...RJFAT9CC203794
Wow! That must be a rare one! Nice find!
2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7, QD2
fljeepleo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #82
heavenclosed
2012 WK 

Wow, I really like what you have done with your GC. I am planning to do similiar mods to yours in the future.

Thanks for the great pics on taking the side chrome bars off.
heavenclosed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #83
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks!! Stay tuned for more mods (after my Colorado backpacking trip in a month; that's where my fun money is going currently) this summer.

Unread 04-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #84
Chrazy-Chris
2012 WK 

Jackal, I just read through your whole thread and I like your setup man! With the side trim removal, lift, tires, and blacking out the emblems/chrome, you need to get out of my head! I was thinking of pretty much the same mods on my stone white WK2 for a sort of "Stormtrooper" look. It's too bad the plasti-dip isn't cleaning up like you'd hoped. That seems to be the biggest problem with painting anything flat/matte.

I really like your wheel/tire/lift setup. Did you happen to take any pics with those tires but no lift? I would like to see how it looks without the lift. What are you using for your spare? Do you ever feel like the front tint is in your way while off-roading trying to spot obstacles?

Looking forward to seeing the American Flag decals!
Chrazy-Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #85
txwest
2012 WK 

Jackal, no pm?

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #86
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Oh. I must have clicked that option on accident. Check back in a few minutes I will change it.

Unread 04-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #87
txwest
2012 WK 

Np

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #88
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazy-Chris View Post
Jackal, I just read through your whole thread and I like your setup man! With the side trim removal, lift, tires, and blacking out the emblems/chrome, you need to get out of my head! I was thinking of pretty much the same mods on my stone white WK2 for a sort of "Stormtrooper" look. It's too bad the plasti-dip isn't cleaning up like you'd hoped. That seems to be the biggest problem with painting anything flat/matte.

I really like your wheel/tire/lift setup. Did you happen to take any pics with those tires but no lift? I would like to see how it looks without the lift. What are you using for your spare? Do you ever feel like the front tint is in your way while off-roading trying to spot obstacles?

Looking forward to seeing the American Flag decals!
Thanks, Chris. The American Flags are already on it page 5 half way down. The pictures of it post tires/wheels, pre-lift are on page 1 second post. As for the Plastidip. It isn't too bad. There are some very slight remnants of bugs and road grime after washing but nothing bothersome. It bothers me no more than the faint scratches in clear coat in some areas from branches and hand washing it. I am leaving it on until I figure what I want to do. It can always come off.

Have you seen the WK2 owner here that has his modded like a Storm Trooper? It is saweet.

Unread 04-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #89
heavenclosed
2012 WK 

Is it worth removing the chrome pieces from around the windows? Is there anything underneath them? Worth painting?
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #90
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I have no idea. I would like to but I am not ready to take on that task unless it is just like the door pieces. If you find something out, let me know!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.