"Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4 - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > "Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #241
eibyer

I want one of the EZ Tire Deflator, I saw someone from the local club use it to air down, looks so much easier than what I was doing with this. Another one was using this... can't justify the price right now but doing all 4 tires at once seems like a breeze!

eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #242
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eibyer View Post
I want one of the EZ Tire Deflator, I saw someone from the local club use it to air down, looks so much easier than what I was doing with this. Another one was using this... can't justify the price right now but doing all 4 tires at once seems like a breeze!
Yea ARB is pricey but their quality is top notch which makes it worth it, IMO. But mine were gifts

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #243
SilverbackWK

2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Bought some toys today!

RRO bumper/winch mount: brush bar combo
Quadtratec Q9000 synthetic winch
Quadratec recovery kit
Quadratec: KC HiLites 35w HID lights
Quadratec: Viar Constant duty OBA

Looking at installing this stuff with the help of txwest in a couple weekends.

Many thanks Rick from Quadratec!!
Very nice set of purchases. Looking forward to seeing your additions.

2013 Grand Cherokee Altitude, 3.6L, 275/65/18 BF Goodrich TA KO, MTB KO 18", RRO 2.5" Lift, BWoody Extended Sway Bar Links, RRO Winch Mount with Combo Bar (modified), Warn Zeon 10-S Winch, RRO Sliders, Mopar Hitch and Tow Hooks, Rigid Industries Lights, GoPro Hero3 Black edition, Cobra 75WXST, 4' Firestik II
SilverbackWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 12:45 AM   #244
Andrepaul
2014 WK 

Quote:
Yup! I have been saving for a while for this stuff. I wanted these items for our 2 week CO trip this summer. I have a little more money to spend so I am still debating my options. I have about $1000 for the Jeep. I am having a Viper Remote State/Alarm installed, not part of this $1000. I am thinking of this spare tire carrier along with another tire and wheel. So that will take up most of that $1000. I don't have enough for a roof rack which I will need eventually for the roof top tent I will be getting. Maybe I will get a Garmin since I do not have nav.

I also got some ARB toys for Christmas. I got the EZ Tire Deflator and the Speedy Seal Puncture Repair Kit.
Got jealous to you guys that $1000 you talk about, is only for a shipment cost for me if I order some stuff overseas. I made some budget to purchase stuff from RRO (2.5Lift kit, Winch mount with front prerunner skid plate, Roof rack Rails and Super sliders) which ready to go but the shipping will cost me + $950.00 USD.

However. I will go ahead to purchase those stuff, just waiting for the budget.
Unread 01-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #245
Wraab
2014 WK 

Quote:
Bought some toys today!

RRO bumper/winch mount: brush bar combo
Quadtratec Q9000 synthetic winch
Quadratec recovery kit
Quadratec: KC HiLites 35w HID lights
Quadratec: Viar Constant duty OBA

Looking at installing this stuff with the help of txwest in a couple weekends.

Many thanks Rick from Quadratec!!
Ever since I ordered my JGC in Nov I have been looking at that RRO bumper/winch kit.

Maybe I'll see you rolling around in person. Congrats!
Wraab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #246
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraab View Post
Ever since I ordered my JGC in Nov I have been looking at that RRO bumper/winch kit.

Maybe I'll see you rolling around in person. Congrats!

Oh and FYI for those doing the winch. Rick aka Quadratec offers free shipping (including the winch surcharge for weight) to JF members. Just PM with your items, he creates the order, then you call it in to pay. Easy as pie.

Cobra 75 CB radio
Unread 01-05-2014, 03:38 PM   #247
eibyer

Do you use a cb radio when offroading? I finally got the mount I needed but can't bring myself into drilling into the body of my GC yet :/
Unread 01-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #248
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eibyer View Post
Do you use a cb radio when offroading? I finally got the mount I needed but can't bring myself into drilling into the body of my GC yet :/
Holes are nothing to me. I've drilled holes in every new vehicle I have had including roof holes for UHF antennas. Dealers have never mentioned them as problems. And most weren't even noticed. Depending on your mount the holes wont be seen. Mine will be mounted next to one of the tailights on the grey plastic.

I don't have one yet but I have always liked it for offroading and travel. It is on my list of mods in this set I am doing.

Cobra 75 CB radio
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #249
Jackal01

2012 WK 

OBA, winch, KCs and strap kit! I just now realized the Viar box is faced up. My bad!

RRO just now said the mount will be powder coated this Thursday and shipped Friday it looks like. So next weekend is go time!

Cobra 75 CB radio
Unread 01-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #250
eibyer

Cool, early 2014 Christmas!

Re: the cb mount, I was playing with mount location yesterday and took a couple pics, will post it tonight.

Edit: I posted a pic of 2 possible mounting points. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/.../#post19166737
Unread 01-11-2014, 11:36 PM   #251
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Here are a couple teaser shots. ETA till finished...Next Sunday night! Stay tuned. I will do my best to get pictures along the way but no promises because once I (and txwest) get working I don't stop for anything (except a new beer)!

Cobra 75 CB radio
Unread 01-12-2014, 03:26 AM   #252
Gamez904
2014 WK 

Quote:
Here are a couple teaser shots. ETA till finished...Next Sunday night! Stay tuned. I will do my best to get pictures along the way but no promises because once I (and txwest) get working I don't stop for anything (except a new beer)!

ah man im excited to see how it comes out!
14' WK2 Laredo E 4x4 V6 ORA1 SCP|RRO 2.5" lift|RRO UCA|BWoody extended sway bar links|Pro Comp 7036 18x9 0 offset|Goodyear wrangler duratrac 275/65/18|RRO roof rail| RRO roof rack| RRO 2014 brush guard combo bumper| RRO WK2 winch mount| IPF868CS 7 in rectangular light| Smithbilt 10k winch| Gibson exhaust| K&N 77 series intake
Gamez904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #253
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Well, we pretty much finished up the Viair system today. There are still a couple leaks around a couple tank connections that need to be fixed. We used thread sealant but it isn't working so gonna go back to tape.

The tank is mounted under the spare tire and the compressor is mounted in the cubby on the passenger side. I never much used the cubby so no real loss. I plan to cover it to make it somewhat pretty. I took some progress pictures but I don't think they will really do much in the way of providing information so I will just post the mostly-finished ones.

The system is a Viair Constant Duty. Came with a 2.5 gallon tank and a 100% duty cycle compressor so almost anything can be run on it. The switch I ran to the front a opposed to the switch next to the gauge in the back. I only plan on having it on when I need it or know that I will need it and I don't wanna stop just to turn it on/off. I still have some cleaning up of the tank and the area and some odds and ends to secure down. These pictures were literally taken immediately after we finished for the night. Thanks txwest!

The driver side swich will be for the KCs and the passenger side is for the Viair. Neither interfere with the console being opened or closed. I also installed a Federal Signal snake light to the left of the center stack for better night time reading; has red and white LEDs. I have had it for years and felt this was a good time to put it somewhere. I also ran the wires and cable for my Kenwood UHF radio that will be mounted in the center stack cubby. The anenna is a Laird. I will get pics of those shortly, too. Next Sunday...the winch and mounting of the KCs since the are already wired and ready to go.

Cobra 75 CB radio
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #254
Wraab
2014 WK 

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing it all completed.
Wraab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #255
goin2drt
2013 WK 

So no issues with rocks or anything hitting the compressor? Tough to tell from the pic buts it looks pretty exposed.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.