"Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4 - Page 16 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #226 of 394 Old 10-15-2013, 10:04 AM
SilverbackWK
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post

Dual would be pretty cool. I dont think performance wise it will really gain much but it would make the back end look a lot better. You would also have to buy the V8 bumper for both cut outs. I sorta wish there were no cutouts so that I dont have to worry about banging up the tip on a rock or something. Just cut the bumper above the cutout hole but then the muffler will show unless you install it further in. Options, options...
I've been looking to cut that lower rear piece. At JeepFest, I dragged that along the ground a few times. Tore the trim piece around the hitch almost complete off.

I either need a higher lift, up raise the rear clearance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Grand Cherokee Altitude, 3.6L, 275/65/18 BF Goodrich TA KO, MTB KO 18", RRO 2.5" Lift, BWoody Extended Sway Bar Links, RRO Winch Mount with Combo Bar (modified), Warn Zeon 10-S Winch, RRO Sliders, Mopar Hitch and Tow Hooks, Rigid Industries Lights, GoPro Hero3 Black edition, Cobra 75WXST, 4' Firestik II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 394 Old 10-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01
Well, after a road trip to San Antonio for a stupid wedding this weekend I noticed when we got up there Friday night that the Gibson muffler had moved inward melting a tiny bit of the bumper. I loosened it up and tried to move it, no luck. Since the exhaust was installed I wasn't too happy with the sound. Not aggressive enough (yea yea I know...not a V8 so how "aggressive" can a V6 really be). So I took it to a well known muffler shop in Houston with the intention on moving the muffler back to stock but would consider my options for a new muffler. After a talk with the manager he suggested taking out the secondary, larger muffler that is in the middle of the body. He said that is restricting the most as opposed to the Gibson so I opted for that option. Took about 45 minutes and the same price for a new muffler. I kept the Gibson and they centered it. I will upload a video of sound tonight. I need to use my DSLR like in my other video for proper comparison. Highly suggest removing this muffler. I will also update on butt dyno after I drive it more. But after driving the 10 minutes back home it sounds a lot better and the throttle response is a little quicker.
hi mate could u put some photos of all the exhaust up please . So I can see what it looks like from front to back
post #228 of 394 Old 10-19-2013, 11:48 PM
Ungerer

Do they take the cat out of line ?

post #229 of 394 Old 10-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Jeepfreak86
2015 WK 

Hey man, how's the Jeep holding up? Looking to get into one finally. How's the ride with the RRO lift? any noises/clunks or anything? "Alice" is looking great!
post #230 of 394 Old 10-28-2013, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungerer View Post
hi mate could u put some photos of all the exhaust up please . So I can see what it looks like from front to back
The pictures I posted are about as good as I can get. I do not have a lift to get the entire exhaust. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepfreak86 View Post
Hey man, how's the Jeep holding up? Looking to get into one finally. How's the ride with the RRO lift? any noises/clunks or anything? "Alice" is looking great!
Thanks! Everything is just swell. No issues. No problems. People still compliment Alice regularly. All the upgrades I have done have been a good choice. I wish there was a programmer of course because the shift points are a little off since the removal of the second muffler (or whatever the actual term is) but other than that I have no complaints. I do wish I had the V8 just because the weight of the upcoming mods will further hold it back a tad but I think I will still be happy.

2011 Billet JKUS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #231 of 394 Old 10-29-2013, 07:49 AM
Jeepfreak86
2015 WK 

Quote:
Thanks! Everything is just swell. No issues. No problems. People still compliment Alice regularly. All the upgrades I have done have been a good choice. I wish there was a programmer of course because the shift points are a little off since the removal of the second muffler (or whatever the actual term is) but other than that I have no complaints. I do wish I had the V8 just because the weight of the upcoming mods will further hold it back a tad but I think I will still be happy.
Thanks for the response! Sounds like it's treating you well. I am trying to decide to go with the Hemi or stick to the simple v6. Naturally, I want the V8 because... well. It's a V8. But not sure I would be too happy visiting the gas station so often. Even so, not sure if I would need the v8 power for what I would be using the car for. Ah!
post #232 of 394 Old 10-29-2013, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

If Jeep offered the base Laredo (including OR1, QT2, tow only) with the V8 I would have but the minimum trim was Laredo X and I did not want leather, backup camera, etc. Choosing the V6 was "forced" and not a choice since I bought a Jeep and not a prius. With that said its not like I would approve of the V8 if it got 5 miles to the gallon but you get my point. I get around 17-18 in the city. I have seeen many V8 users on here get what I am getting (a couple better even) in a V6. I may be happier if mine had 8 speed tranny but...what am I gonna do? (nothing)

2011 Billet JKUS

post #233 of 394 Old 12-08-2013, 04:40 AM
Andrepaul
2014 WK 

RRO Lift for WK2 2014

Quote:
Here is the Rocky Rock 2.5" lift along with the bwoody extended sway bars links in the standard Wrinkle Black. I work Thursday so I am having it installed Friday at a shop in Magnolia (for the locals). I called three shops and they were the middle price but friendliest and most knowledgeable. First place was $250-$300, this place was $300-$370 and highest priced shop was $400. I am not that mechanically inclined, at least with Jeeps, so I am having it installed by the pros. I also added my JF decal to the driver side rear side window on the bottom. Picture of it soon enough after the lift
Got jealous with the stance of your WK2! I got my 2014 WK2 and wanted to add the RRO 2.5" Lift to it.

Now that I've seen your lifted GC I am now eager to install the RRO lift, but I need one more information to keep my mined fixed; The performance? Here in Dubai our off-roading were mostly in the Sand Dunes and momentum is very important to climb a dune and I afraid the RRO lift will not perform well in the desert driving as I can't find anyone uses it here in Dubai to refer with. I've seen some 4x4's here fitted with budget spacer performs like a kangaroo (jumping as it goes). If you have some thoughts please do let me know.

Unfortunately for WK2 there are very limited After sales suspension upgrades. Specially in this part of the world we need to import mostly everything.
post #234 of 394 Old 12-08-2013, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I have not taken it on any dunes so I cannot comment on the ability of the WK2 with the RRO lift. I have not experienced any "jumping" or performance drop since the lift. Although, if you read the entire thread you will see that I had the lfit installed within a few days and a couple hundred miles of ownership so I did not get to test to prior to the lift. If you have read my other posts about Colorado and Crystal Beach I commented decently about the performance and ride. I really do not have a lot of input as of late since I have no done anything with it offroad wise and nothing new from what I have already said. I also do not have much input on the 2014s. What trim is the WK2 you bought?

2011 Billet JKUS

post #235 of 394 Old 12-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Andrepaul
2014 WK 

Thanks for the response, I will look through your comments on beach sand driving. I've got the 2014 WK2 with Stock wheels and tires - V6 Limited. And this car performs very well in sand dunes with a climb over 50 meters high dunes. I've got stock mostly on dune crest where the belly hits the ridge and sometimes during step descend that you gonna drive slow approaching the bottom and watch your bumper (specially the 2 lower plastics - removed) touch the sand.
post #236 of 394 Old 12-15-2013, 01:33 AM
Andrepaul
2014 WK 

Quote:
That is good looking Grand Cherokee!

2014 WK2 Limited | 3.6L V6 | 8 speed Auto with manual Shift | Stock 265/60R18 | Waiting for LIFT KIT!
post #237 of 394 Old 12-15-2013, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrepaul View Post

That is good looking Grand Cherokee!
Many thanks. Hopefully more toys pretty soon!

2011 Billet JKUS

post #238 of 394 Old 12-30-2013, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Bought some toys today!

RRO bumper/winch mount: brush bar combo
Quadtratec Q9000 synthetic winch
Quadratec recovery kit
Quadratec: KC HiLites 35w HID lights
Quadratec: Viar Constant duty OBA

Looking at installing this stuff with the help of txwest in a couple weekends.

Many thanks Rick from Quadratec!!

2011 Billet JKUS

post #239 of 394 Old 12-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Gamez904
2014 WK 

Quote:
Bought some toys today!

RRO bumper/winch mount: brush bar combo
Quadtratec Q9000 synthetic winch
Quadratec recovery kit
Quadratec: KC HiLites 35w HID lights
Quadratec: Viar Constant duty OBA

Looking at installing this stuff with the help of txwest in a couple weekends.

Many thanks Rick from Quadratec!!
What better way to start the new year then with so e new toys and a new look. Looking forward to the pics
post #240 of 394 Old 12-30-2013, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Yup! I have been saving for a while for this stuff. I wanted these items for our 2 week CO trip this summer. I have a little more money to spend so I am still debating my options. I have about $1000 for the Jeep. I am having a Viper Remote State/Alarm installed, not part of this $1000. I am thinking of this spare tire carrier along with another tire and wheel. So that will take up most of that $1000. I don't have enough for a roof rack which I will need eventually for the roof top tent I will be getting. Maybe I will get a Garmin since I do not have nav.

I also got some ARB toys for Christmas. I got the EZ Tire Deflator and the Speedy Seal Puncture Repair Kit.

2011 Billet JKUS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.