"Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4 - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > "Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 03-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #196
MrSpeed
2012 WK 

My hat's off to you, Jackal. That is an incredible paint job and installation. It looks like you had a lift at your disposal and also like you removed the exhaust to paint it. Max props!

MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #197
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks, Mr. Speed! I will admit...I did not tape the exhaust tip completely (by accident) so I did get a tad bit of paint on the upper left side. Luckily not noticeable.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #198
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

That is what I am doing today. I am slowly building my Griots collection. Pricey but seem to be best of the best. My paint/clear coat needs restoration probably. Its in bad shape.

forumrunner_20130326_123611.jpg

Sent from my underground lair.

Unread 03-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #199
txwest
2012 WK 

I have the ziano products. It is crazy how much better they make the paint look.

Sent from my S-III using JeepForum

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #200
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwest View Post
I have the ziano products. It is crazy how much better they make the paint look.

Never heard of them.

Sent from my underground lair.

Unread 03-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #201
txwest
2012 WK 

http://www.zainostore.com

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #202
Gamez904
2014 WK 

You have a great looking wk2. Did you have the UCA installed? How has it all been holding up. I just purchased a new 2014 wk2 and its currently getting built so its ready when I come back from deployment, so I'm in the process of looking for all the parts I want to get right now.
Gamez904 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #203
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I did not install the RRO UCAs. What I have listed as mods is what I have done so no there isn't any need to worry "I wonder what that mod is" or the like. I update this whenever I do something. Everything has been holding up great. No complaints. If you have the money get the UCAs but if not you wont be hurting for it. I would get the bwoody extended sway bar links if you get the lift though. Honestly I would get the UCAs if you do the lift, too.

Oh and thanks!

Unread 08-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #204
echo603

Amazing build unfortunately for my wife I found this thread.
echo603 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #205
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo603 View Post
Amazing build unfortunately for my wife I found this thread.

Thanks, man! I havent done much lately. Working on getting a custom bumper done. Still in the design phase. But with the misses and I buying a house soon it looks like my modding may slow down but we both agreed that my personal savings (for Alice) will not be touched so I still may have fun!!!!!

Unread 08-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #206
Erikasjgc

Wow. The visual decisions you've made along the way have all been beautiful (if I may use the word). You have an artistic eye

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Erikasjgc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #207
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikasjgc View Post
Wow. The visual decisions you've made along the way have all been beautiful (if I may use the word). You have an artistic eye

I will allow the term "beautiful" but only this once

I dont think of myself as an artist per se but I tend to think I have an artistic eye (at times). I have never, ever done well with drawing, painting, etc. But I tend to know what colors go together and also pay attention to details which actually make the most difference, IMO. Many thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it!

Unread 08-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #208
Erikasjgc

Cheers

If I didn't have a horse to support, I'd be all over getting wheels 'n things for my baby... Since it's such a bright silver I might be tempted (only tempted) to get very chromey, but so far I've only added chrome fog light bezels to her cuz I thought the front looked more balanced with them than with the black ones. I call her "Beasty"

Maybe one day I will and until then you've been very inspiring. BTW - a good eye is instinctive.

image-3820474265.jpg

Unread 08-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #209
Erikasjgc

Just this...

Bedtime already! Goodnight all you lovely people.

image-610885968.jpg

Unread 08-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #210
tmdonnelly
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
After a couple days of driving around I have some results to report. After the K&N CAI, and before the exhaust, my MPG dropped from 17.5 city to 16 MPG city, 18 MPG highway (only a few miles) with K&N. I drove about 80 miles round trip yesterday highway and I was at 20.1 highway with the CAI and exhaust and 19 city. I also painted it black to better blend in, I will get some pictures today. I am not too fond of the clamp so I think I am going to a have it welded at a shop very soon. I am sure there are going to be some naysayers since it wasn't on a dyno and all that but I am just not going to do that and I'll further check the mileage and MPG to see how accurate the computer is. All it needs now is a tune as it still lags normally.
Wondering what your fuel economy is like these days with the CAI and exhaust? I have thought about doing this for a while, but I don't want to sacrifice the mpg. I'd say now I'm at a combined 20-21 mpg. The new sneakers are going on soon too (Toyo AT2 - 265/65/18) so that might make it drop as well. Jeep looks awesome! I have the same color
tmdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.