"Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4 - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > "Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 03-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #181
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSHFT View Post
I didnt cut mine out either, just bought the lower valence for like $150. I will get some pics if I ever get home from work lol
I forgot to add that, too. I was thinking about that because I read others have done it. It just didn't leave my brain. haha

That is a good route to take. I saw a video of a grey WK2 on YT that is V6 I believe but has dual exhaust.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #182
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01

I forgot to add that, too. I was thinking about that because I read others have done it. It just didn't leave my brain. haha

That is a good route to take. I saw a video of a grey WK2 on YT that is V6 I believe but has dual exhaust.
I have see that video too and I think it has a 5.7L v8 dual exhaust off a jeep not after market exhaust . I think that would be a good way to go ?
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #183
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungerer View Post
I have see that video too and I think it has a 5.7L v8 dual exhaust off a jeep not after market exhaust . I think that would be a good way to go ?
You are correct, per the video. It sounded pretty good.

Unread 03-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #184
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01

You are correct, per the video. It sounded pretty good.
Yes and he said it was a strait bolt up to the Kat . I have a mate who as the 5.7L and if & when he gets a after market one I would love to get his old one from him if its in good condition
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #185
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Welp, the exhaust is finally on. My first time so ran into a couple bumps but worked out in the end. I borrowed my dads sawzaw and it died mid cut so I went out and bought a cheap one from Harbor Freight. I wish I would have used a cut off wheel because the cut on the factory side is at a slight angle since I could not get the saw completely perpendicular to the pipe. Oh well. The rubber hangers were a PITA to get off but after some lube, prying and extensive use of vulgarity they came off. I wasn't able to get the tail pipe center all the way but I think that is about as good as it is going to get which is fine for now until I can figure out what is going on. I noticed a difference in the sound for sure but mostly as idle and in first gear. After than the CAI kicks in and it is difficult to hear the exhaust. Not many pictures during the process because I was just too focused and I was rushing against sun light. I had work this morning and if I didn't get exhaust on I wasn't going to drive it so time was of the essence. I also received free shipping from Quadratec for being a forum member! Thanks, QT!! Videos are being uploading right now.

Unread 03-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #186
txwest
2012 WK 

Sweet!! I am glad you got it all put on there. I did not know that it was only the rear part of the muffler. I thought it was a replacement system. That one is much easier tham anything I would end up putting on my 5.7! I can't wait to hear it!

Sent from my S-III using JeepForum

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #187
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Stock

Gibson

After removal of seond "muffler" in the center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwest View Post
Sweet!! I am glad you got it all put on there. I did not know that it was only the rear part of the muffler. I thought it was a replacement system. That one is much easier tham anything I would end up putting on my 5.7! I can't wait to hear it!

Thanks man! Even if you did replace the whole system it would be worth it since it would sound so much better than the V6. I was intending on waiting to see when you and I could install it...but I got excited and impatient. lol However, maybe you can help fine tune it and get it centered more.

Unread 03-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #188
MrSpeed
2012 WK 

Nice, clean install. Looks good and sounds great!
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #189
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpeed View Post
Nice, clean install. Looks good and sounds great!
Thanks man!

Sent from my underground lair.

Unread 03-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #190
txwest
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Stock
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htBzB2D-iSo

Gibson
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cCnu9L1NCg

Thanks man! Even if you did replace the whole system it would be worth it since it would sound so much better than the V6. I was intending on waiting to see when you and I could install it...but I got excited and impatient. lol However, maybe you can help fine tune it and get it centered more.
No problem! You may nee to loosen the clamp, get it centered the way you want it, then tighten it back down. That would probably fix your issue.

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #191
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwest View Post

No problem! You may nee to loosen the clamp, get it centered the way you want it, then tighten it back down. That would probably fix your issue.

Tried that. Still off. Idk

Unread 03-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #192
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

After a couple days of driving around I have some results to report. After the K&N CAI, and before the exhaust, my MPG dropped from 17.5 city to 16 MPG city, 18 MPG highway (only a few miles) with K&N. I drove about 80 miles round trip yesterday highway and I was at 20.1 highway with the CAI and exhaust and 19 city. I also painted it black to better blend in, I will get some pictures today. I am not too fond of the clamp so I think I am going to a have it welded at a shop very soon. I am sure there are going to be some naysayers since it wasn't on a dyno and all that but I am just not going to do that and I'll further check the mileage and MPG to see how accurate the computer is. All it needs now is a tune as it still lags normally.

Unread 03-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #193
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I did 2 coats of Dupli-Color Self-Etching Primer then 4 light coats of Rust Oleum Flat black engine (high temp) spray paint. Then today, about 24 hours later, I did 2 more light coats of the paint. In person it looks absolutely like it was factory painted.

Unread 03-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #194
MrSpeed
2012 WK 

I gotta ask- did you do this Michelangelo style, i.e., lying on your back under the Jeep? It does look like a factory paint job for sure!
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #195
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpeed View Post
I gotta ask- did you do this Michelangelo style, i.e., lying on your back under the Jeep? It does look like a factory paint job for sure!
You bet. Apartment life doesnt lend itself as mechanic-friendly. There actually was a lot of room to work it was just the sawzaw was too long to work between the pipe and tires. A cutoff wheel is more appropriate, IMO.

[txwest] determined(since I did not know) the two exhaust pipes are different materials thus not going to be welded so I'll just leave as is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.