"Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > "Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 02-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

"Alice", my WK2 Laredo 4x4

Here is a break down of everything done and every mod. The links take you directly to the mod.

Rocky Road Lift, Nitto Terra Grapplers and MB TKOs
Lower, front, fascia pieces removal
bwoody extended sway bar links
Chrome molding removal
Mopar floor mats
Plasti-Dip front and rear chrome
Port Arthur/Galveston trip
GC/America flag decals
Colorado trip 2012
K&N 77 Series CAI
Gibson Exhaust
Viair Onboard Air
Rocky Road Bumper/Winch
Cobra 75 CB/Wilson 4' Flex Antenna

Current as of 01/14:

I was in a 2012 Explorer XLT FWD since September of last year. I THOUGHT I liked it but...no. I hated it. I had an 07 before that and thought "what could be wrong with the newly desgined ones?!" Everything was. I have a post somewhere about it, I think. I initially looked at the GC but quickly went with Ford because I have always had Fords. Well the Ex was a disappointment so by December I regretting the Ex and started shopping. I had to order mine which kinda sucked because I did not know prices cant really go down with ordered vehicles. I paid more than what I wanted (since it was not on the lot) but I am 100% thrilled with my first Jeep and look forward to driving it every day.

I had wheels and tires installed last week when I got it. My RRO 2.5 lift came in today and the bwoody extended sway bars also are in. Those will be installed at the end of this week.

This was a couple days after when I was able to wash it since it was storming since the day of pickup. And I was not going to let the dealer "detail" it.

As for the name. I am a big fan of Resident Evil and also using the tradition of naming ships with a female name I have named all my vehicles a female name. This is Alice. Going to try and go with a subtle zombie-hunter-type theme like the lead character in R.E. Enjoy. We'll see how it goes.
See...they're both really attractive, right?!

1-alice-resident-evil-extinction-large-msg-11973317115.jpg  

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Here is the following day from the post above. I got Nitto Terra Grapplers tires 265/70/17 and MB TKO 17s 0 offset wheels from Discount Tire. I then sold my stock wheels and tires the following day to a local guy. I also removed the two front lower fascia pieces. What do they actually do?

Pre-lift.

Unread 02-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Here is the Rocky Rock 2.5" lift along with the bwoody extended sway bars links in the standard Wrinkle Black. I work Thursday so I am having it installed Friday at a shop in Magnolia (for the locals). I called three shops and they were the middle price but friendliest and most knowledgeable. First place was $250-$300, this place was $300-$370 and highest priced shop was $400. I am not that mechanically inclined, at least with Jeeps, so I am having it installed by the pros. I also added my JF decal to the driver side rear side window on the bottom. Picture of it soon enough after the lift

Unread 02-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
l8tapex
2012 WK 

Nice set up. Looks clean and aggressive.
Unread 02-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01
Here is the following day from the post I also removed the two front lower fascia What do they actually do?
got some pics of them removed? I'm actually thinking of doing the same! Getting my lift put one this week also, I went with the same setup except got wheel spacers instead of swapping the rims for now. here's my lift setup I'm stacking part of my old leveling kit to get an extra 1/2" also got the UCAs
image-65247981.jpg   image-3223798338.jpg   image-994988611.jpg  
Unread 02-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSiltSurfer View Post
got some pics of them removed? I'm actually thinking of doing the same! Getting my lift put one this week also, I went with the same setup except got wheel spacers instead of swapping the rims for now. here's my lift setup I'm stacking part of my old leveling kit to get an extra 1/2" also got the UCAs
Yea I remember yours. I was communicating with you in another "lift" thread. lol. You were actually the only one I talked to about the RRO kit. I will most likely get the UCA in the summer.

Unread 02-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8tapex View Post
Nice set up. Looks clean and aggressive.
Thanks!

Unread 02-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01

Yea I remember yours. I was communicating with you in another "lift" thread. lol. You were actually the only one I talked to about the RRO kit. I will most likely get the UCA in the summer.
Lol that's right! Well shoot some pics of your rig with the air dams off,the plastic slay me! here is some bumper ideas with removed air dams. I'd prefer something with a skid plate most likely going to have to fab it
image-3076964059.jpg   image-2143087039.jpg  
Unread 02-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I added another picture at the top from a lower angle. I can get some better ones tomorrow or Friday once the lift is on.

I want an aftermarket bumper, too. I like the 4xGuard stuff but I want something that is "stock appearing" ie: general shape but upgraded to be able to mount a winch incorporated inside or outside of the bumper. And made of metal of course. I cant really picture anything since I am not that good at designing but if I see something I will know I want it. haha.

Unread 02-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #10
cesarvillanueva
2011 WK 

Sweeeeeet

Nice ride. How hard was it to remove that from lower plastic part? Also I am interested in how those terra grapplers perform. Maybe you can post an update in a few months on how they are doing. Nice looking ride.
cesarvillanueva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarvillanueva View Post
Nice ride. How hard was it to remove that from lower plastic part? Also I am interested in how those terra grapplers perform. Maybe you can post an update in a few months on how they are doing. Nice looking ride.
It was pretty simple. Took 5 minutes. There are tabs that just pull out along with a "dial" that you have to turn. Hopefully the pics will help. Yea I can post an update on the tires. They were not my first choice since I wanted Falken RM ATS but they were LT grade and heavier which would have created more wear and tear on the Jeep so they put me into these which we slightly cheaper anyway. I wanted the Falkens because I like to be different and tons of people (at least in Texas) has Nittos. Just means different tires next time. They have a nice, dull hum but nothing annoying. I don't like loud tires but I do like the "feel and sound" of AT/MT tires.

Unread 02-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
cesarvillanueva
2011 WK 

Thanks. That plastic piece just seems like a tall curb is going to rip it off. Did you have to take the removable lower grille off? Or just reach under and remove. I have 20's on my JGC and it it seems like there are very few manuf that make an AT tire for the factory size that came on my ride. I came across the nittos and was very intrigued by them.
Enjoy the new ride.
cesarvillanueva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #13
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

I'm liking this already, can't wait to pull those bad boys out!!
Unread 02-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I only removed the two lower pieces. Nothing else had to come off. Just pulling a hand full of tabs for each piece. That's it.

Unread 02-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #15
Redealmaker

Looks great, much better than stock! What did the set of tires and wheels run?
Redealmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.