Air Condition making strange noise. 2011 overland - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Air Condition making strange noise. 2011 overland

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
ringo2008
2011 WK 

Air Condition making strange noise. 2011 overland

Anyone's A/C sound like it changes speeds alot while it's on? For example it'll be on whatever speed setting and then get either louder or quiter like it switches to recirculated or powers up or down a setting or two and back but I didn't touch anything and no display settings are changing and it's NOT on Auto. Doesn't feel like it's blowing any harder/softer either when it makes the sounds, it just sounds louder. I have the Hemi if that makes any difference.

ringo2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
duce95

YES! Mine does that. When I'm idling it will slow down till I speed up. Just was thinking today if I wanted to tell the dealer or not. I also have an overland.
duce95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
ringo2008
2011 WK 

I just looked it up in the manual. It appears that it has an auto recirculating feature that will sense humidity levels and switch back and forth as needed. Guess that's it.
ringo2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
JM3

My A/C starts to "whistle" from the lower passenger vents under the dash, by the floor. Anyone else have this? It does it after driving for about 20-30 minutes....and it is very slight, but very noticeable. It's an annoying whistle....as if the fan is squeeking, etc.
JM3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #5
duce95

Well technology is just too crazy these days.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using JeepForum
duce95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
BREJOLAW

JGC Limited does the same thing. Also the air is not very cold. Less than 10000 miles so far. May have to bring back to dealer. Anyone else with this issue?
BREJOLAW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
fast1al

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM3 View Post
My A/C starts to "whistle" from the lower passenger vents under the dash, by the floor. Anyone else have this? It does it after driving for about 20-30 minutes....and it is very slight, but very noticeable. It's an annoying whistle....as if the fan is squeeking, etc.
Did you find a solution to this?
fast1al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
JDR
2012 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREJOLAW View Post
JGC Limited does the same thing. Also the air is not very cold. Less than 10000 miles so far. May have to bring back to dealer. Anyone else with this issue?
I have right at 13,000 miles and I just recently noticed that the AC is not as cold as it was when I purchased. Of course, it was December, and now it is May and really hot in Florida. I am thinking I need to take it in to be checked.
JDR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #9
fast1al

Let me know what you find out
fast1al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #10
Bigkidjosh
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM3
YES!!! It is driving me crazy. I have it at the shop right now and they told me the other day that it is normal and they told me if I put the windows down it lessens the whistle. NOT THE CASE! Still makes the same whistle coming from the passenger side floor. It drives me crazy, so you are not alone in this!
Bigkidjosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.