Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

aftermarket wheel vibration poll

960 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  billybob123 
#1 ·
Just wondering who all has had no vibration from their aftermarket wheel purchase ?
What wheels ?

Can't wheel vibration be elminated in any wheel with the use of wheel adaptors ? So your wheel rides on the adaptor instead of the studs.
:cool:

#4 ·
and a tire shop

that ahs a clue and knows what they are doing. Mine can balance the wheels and tires while they are you vehicle if necessary but I never needed it. My tire guy is the largest single unit tire store by volume and sales east of the Mississippi if not in the entire US. They always beat Tire Rack and Discount Tire

#5 ·
Most aftermarket wheel have centering rings available to adapt to the vehicle hub, making them hub centric. There is much discussion whether hub centric or stud centric is better or worthwhile, whatever..... but I've used dozens of aftermarket wheels over the years and none had a vibration problem ( well until I bent one).

#8 ·
Sounds good. Thanks !

I have been reading wk2 posts though where members have had vibrations. With different rims but in particular with the procomp 7036 series .
Not sure about all the variables that there could be and if these members problems are even from the wheels .:confused:

Members claim that the wk2's are extra sensitive to aftermarket wheels which dosen't make a whole lot of sense :teehee:

I even think some members put stocks back on and then had " no vibration " after reading thru all these posts. :eek:
Not sure if the new tires were put on the stocks too to determine if it was the wheels or tires or ??.:confused:

As I make final decision to buy wk2 from a wk its good to know I shouldn't have problem's w/ aftermarket wheels and vibrations:thumbsup:

#6 ·
I can not remember where the vid is but is a common issue for JK's also and caused by the factory disc brake retainers(star washer looking things on 2 or 3 wheel studs).Those must be removed before installing aftermarket wheels or you can get vibs since aftermarket wheels are not machined for those rotor retaining clips like to OEM wheels are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.