Aftermarket sound system - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Aftermarket sound system

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
Jeep_Brothers
2011 WK 

Aftermarket sound system

Has anyone hooked up an aftermarket head unit for amps? Is it possible to do that or are there software issues when removing the factory head unit?

I want to hook up a couple amps for a tight sound system I don't have the alpine premium audio.. will this be difficult?

Thanks

Jeep_Brothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
RageOfFury
2011 WK 

Howdy!

I've replaced the base 6-speaker system and the headunit in my 2011 Laredo E. It's not an easy task at all. It took me a whole weekend, a good 20h of work. Getting the door panels off and back on again is a major pain in the a... It's doable, but you have to plan it out and have the right tools.

I went with an all Alpine setup(speakers + amp) & Pioneer headunit.
RageOfFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
Jeep_Brothers
2011 WK 

Okay well I got a mono amp and 4 channel amp I need to hook up but the factory head navigation unit doesn't have anywhere to hook up RCA cables in the rear.. so I guess I have to get a new unit which brings me back to my original question.

Now if I get an aftermarket alpine double din unit and a PAC C2R-CHY4 + SWI-RC with mounting kit will that be all I need and there won't be any problems?

Thanks for your input.
Jeep_Brothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
RageOfFury
2011 WK 

Will you be also changing the speakers in the doors?

If you're changing the speakers, using aftermarket amps, then I recommend changing the headunit as well. PAC offers an adapter that will give you RCA outputs from an OEM headunit, but why keep the OEM headunit if you're replacing everything else?

If you go down the aftermarket double din headunit route, you'll need the PAC RP4-CH11 adapter. You'll also need a dash installation kit.
RageOfFury is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.