Aftermarket Bumpers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Aftermarket Bumpers

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-23-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
NewJKon37's

Aftermarket Bumpers

I am now waiting for a train to bring my Wk2 to Utah. So I am really getting antsy to start doing some aftermarket things to my rig.

Are there any aftermarket bumpers that are available for this car yet. I got one with the Auto Cruise Control so I am sure anything out will need to be highly modified to work with it. But is there even anything out there that works on these new Jeeps?

Please chime in. I like complete replacement bumpers.

NewJKon37's is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
volvite
1999 WJ 

Are you looking for aftermarket off road bumpers or street? I don't think there are lots of opitions yet as it's still new.
volvite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
NewJKon37's

I am looking for ARB, WARN, or Fab Fours type replacement bumpers.
NewJKon37's is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 01:17 AM   #4
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Find a welder and some steel and pioneer my friend

I was actually thinking of how to create a set earlier. If I had steel, a welder, time, and my mom would let me touch her WK2 like that, I would build a set.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #5
codyjames
2008 JK Wrangler 

This is a fairly new company that is looking for a wk2 to prototype bumpers for : http://tacticalarmorgroup.com/Research.aspx
codyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #6
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

I guess if you end up with a free bumper out of it, it may be worth it but I'm not too overly impressed with their design work.

TAG Bumpers

Personally, I don't see the need for a bolting up a heavy a$$ steel bumper on the WK2 unless you're planning on doing some hardcore rock crawling.

I started going down that road with my JK and was not in the least pleased with the ride characteristics, fuel economy loss or even the loss of ride height due to the extra weight.

To each their own though. I would be interested to see what ARB comes out with since they are ONLY company in that market to make sure their bumpers meet or exceed factory crash test ratings.
Unread 04-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
deserthucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post
I guess if you end up with a free bumper out of it, it may be worth it but I'm not too overly impressed with their design work.

TAG Bumpers

Personally, I don't see the need for a bolting up a heavy a$$ steel bumper on the WK2 unless you're planning on doing some hardcore rock crawling.

I started going down that road with my JK and was not in the least pleased with the ride characteristics, fuel economy loss or even the loss of ride height due to the extra weight.

To each their own though. I would be interested to see what ARB comes out with since they are ONLY company in that market to make sure their bumpers meet or exceed factory crash test ratings.
ARB being an Australian based company, I have been chasing them for an time frame for a wk2 bumper (bull-bar here). But they say they have nothing in the planing stage.
Until they get enough enquiries it will not happen. Go to www.arb.com.au and make a enquiry. The more the better.
deserthucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #8
khuon
2011 WK 

I wonder how well aftermarket front or rear for that matter will play along with ACC and park-assist.

Sent from my MB860 using JeepForum
khuon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #9
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I was wondering the same thing. Shouldn't be that hard to mount them in there if you build your own bumpers. Production bumpers built with jigs would be much easier make for custom builders than bumpers like the ones made by BERSRK which are all fully hand welded.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #10
Richard338
2006 XK Commander 

I was thinking Black Horse grill and rear bumper guards just to protect the paint. Light weight and would offer some help without hanging 500+ lbs of bumpers on rig, which would really play hell with the handling. Has anybody seem these?
Richard338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #11
mi710

I have been debating the arb bumper and the rro full kit. I got in pdf for the installs. The arb you literaly cut yourbumper in 3 pieces. So you trash your oem bumper. I was considering it untill I read that. Ithe rro one is a g less and I can buy a new bumper for that after I trash the one I got. For resale I mean. I think selling a overland summit with thr rro bumper winch would be easier then the arb bumper. any thoughts on which is the better buy? I trail every weekend and I am not scared to get into some ****. I dont mind pulling the acc and air dam off to instLl the preskid plate from rro for the weekends. Thanks to all and hello seeing how I am new here. I am in the mitten also if there are any trail folks out there looking to trail it up. Lol I know htere are clubs and plan on maybe getting into one but untill then..

Wk2 2012 overland summit 5.7
I will list mods
mi710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #12
mx71
2013 WK 

http://www.rocky-road.com/wk2-grand-...ee-bumper.html
mx71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #13
mi710

I have llokes at them both. Arb can fit a zeon 10k winch where the rro only 8k. Pulleys and such help but what if you only have one hook up and far away. I usually go out with the wife and dogs. I just am afraid of not having enough power. Also the arb protects alot of vitals on the air lift. Pluse you relocate the acc. I almost dont care about the acc though. Always find my self behind slow people and not realizing I am going 10 under also. Lol
Unread 04-30-2014, 02:21 PM   #14
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi710 View Post
I have llokes at them both. Arb can fit a zeon 10k winch where the rro only 8k. Pulleys and such help but what if you only have one hook up and far away. I usually go out with the wife and dogs. I just am afraid of not having enough power. Also the arb protects alot of vitals on the air lift. Pluse you relocate the acc. I almost dont care about the acc though. Always find my self behind slow people and not realizing I am going 10 under also. Lol
It takes some customizing but I got a Quadratec 9000s to fit with my RRO bumper mount.

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch| KC ProSport HID Hilites

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #15
mi710

I swear yesterday rso website added winches up to 10k on there order site for there bumper and winch mount. I am calling them in a lil when they open for info and will report later. Thanks.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.