2012 WK Resetting Active Head Restraints (AHR)
From the 2012 Grand Cherokee Owner Manual:
Resetting Active Head Restraints (AHR)
If the Active Head Restraints are triggered in a collision,
you must reset the head restraint on the driver’s and
front passenger seat. You can recognize when the Active
Head Restraint has been triggered by the fact that they
have moved forward (as shown in step three of the
1. Grasp the deployed AHR from the rear seat.
2. Position the hands on the top of the deployed AHR at
a comfortable position.
3. Pull down then rearward towards the rear of the
vehicle then down to engage the locking mechanism.
4. The AHR front soft foam and trim half should lock
into the back decorative plastic half.
• If you have difficulties or problems resetting the
Active Head Restraints, see an authorized dealer.
• For safety reasons, have the Active Head Restraints
checked by a qualified specialist at an authorized
Social Care Specialist
FIAT Chrysler Automobiles