Accessories in dealer negotiations - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Accessories in dealer negotiations

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 01-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
swampass2
2011 WK 

Accessories in dealer negotiations

I'm about 3 months away from picking up a WK2 and would like to hear from folks who have tried to get accessories thrown in on the purchase deal. I'm interested in the all weather mats and the stock crossbars. The way I figure it, it doesn't hurt to ask to have these thrown in, and intuitively (to me anyway), it's an easy way for a dealer to make a sale without killing their margins. Just wondering if there is something I'm not taking into account, and how easy it may be to get these accessories thrown in.

swampass2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
bluehorizons
2011 WK 

I tried but they woudln't throw anything in, but I was able to negotiate 60 days' worth of accessories & parts at cost though. Not sure how we can prove I'm paying what they pay but at least it was something.
bluehorizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
mjw930

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehorizons View Post
I tried but they woudln't throw anything in, but I was able to negotiate 60 days' worth of accessories & parts at cost though. Not sure how we can prove I'm paying what they pay but at least it was something.
+1

The margins are so thin on the vehicle that you aren't likely to get anything "thrown in" but getting a discount at time of purchase or a longer term discount is something worth negotiating for.
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
CaniacNation
2013 JK Wrangler 

+2

They wouldn't even give me a hat! I did get $2739 off MSRP, with no trade, so I'm not going to complain too much. I know some people in here are claiming much better deals, but this is as good as it gets in my area.
CaniacNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
swampass2
2011 WK 

Caniac, I sent you a PM. I'm in Raleigh now and would really be interested in hearing how the buying process went for you.
swampass2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
wjs81866

You are better off asking for services like free oil changes, other services. The dealers have to purchase the accesories and even though they pay less then we do it's still cash out of their pocket. Services like free oil changes etc seem to be more widely accepted. The dealer I bought my Limited from agreed to lifetime free car washes at the dealer.
Quadra Trac 2
Lux Group 2
20" tires and rims
Towing package

2) 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X
Blackberry Pearl
5.7L
Quadra Drive 2
Quadra Lift
Laredo X Group 25 package
Chrome Fogs and Mirrors
Off-Road Adventure II Package
P265/60R18 Michelin LTX M/S 2's
BWoody 4" Velocity Intake
wjs81866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
newjeeper11
2011 WK 

yep, no freebies from Jeep... I tried really hard to get free all-weather floor mats to seal the deal and they basically said, uh you're already getting a good deal... We did get a great deal but no freebies and they seemed surprised that I'd even ask.
newjeeper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 03:18 AM   #8
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjeeper11 View Post
yep, no freebies from Jeep... I tried really hard to get free all-weather floor mats to seal the deal and they basically said, uh you're already getting a good deal... We did get a great deal but no freebies and they seemed surprised that I'd even ask.
Not entirely true! I bought my 2011 JGC in late July and the dealer gave me a $500 voucher for free accessories. Had to be used within a month of purchase and did not cover installation fees (if any). I grabbed sport crossbars, chrome fog light bezels and chrome exhaust tip. Looks great! Doesn't hurt to ask.
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.