? about dealer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > ? about dealer

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 04-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
mster

? about dealer

I had contacted several Jeep dealers through the Jeep website with what I was looking for and one had said they found what I was looking for, but they didn't have it at their dealership, it was "in transit" to another dealership and they would get it for me. I looked on the Jeep site for every dealer within 200mi of me and none show what I am looking for as being in transit. Is there any other place I can check? How can I find out how long it will take to arrive?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

mster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Can you get the VIN? With that you can find where the car is in the process and estimated future events. Without it, don't think you can find out much.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
mster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Can you get the VIN? With that you can find where the car is in the process and estimated future events. Without it, don't think you can find out much.
He hasn't given it to me yet, but will try to get it from him tomorrow.
Unread 04-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
hammer1234
2011 WK 

I found that the Jeep website could be somewhat behind in what the dealer had in stock...one Jeep that we wanted was sold the day we arrived, and it remained on the Jeep website for at least a week after that time.

Good luck in getting what you want...we had to make a small compromise on configuration but we are quite happy with our new ride so far.
hammer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #5
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

If the jeep is listed without a stock number, it is perhaps sold but the deal is not finalized yet or the car ownership officially transferred. Dealers often leave the car up in case the deal falls through, or so I hear.
Unread 04-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
RJ23

I've had the same thing said to me only to find out later that it was "sold" by the other dealer. That has actually happened twice. I think they were just saying that. I even put a $500 deposit to have them say it's gone. It seems like I cannot get what I want unless I have it built. I just don't have 10-12 weeks to wait on it. I'm going to have to sacrifice my dark charcoal for Brilliant black and also get one without the dvd. I'd love to order one, but my lease will be up soon and I cannot be without a vehicle.
RJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #7
mster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ23 View Post
I've had the same thing said to me only to find out later that it was "sold" by the other dealer. That has actually happened twice. I think they were just saying that. I even put a $500 deposit to have them say it's gone. It seems like I cannot get what I want unless I have it built. I just don't have 10-12 weeks to wait on it. I'm going to have to sacrifice my dark charcoal for Brilliant black and also get one without the dvd. I'd love to order one, but my lease will be up soon and I cannot be without a vehicle.
Sorry to hear that happened to you. I think a similar thing happened to me; the dealer had found one I wanted and in the time that passed between him asking me if I wanted it and him getting back to the other dealer that had it, it was gone. My concern now is that he said one is "in transit" to another dealer and due this week, but when I looked on the Jeep site, I don't see the one I was looking for "in transit" to any dealer in the 200 mi search area the Jeep site allows.
Unread 04-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
fleuger99
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ23 View Post
but my lease will be up soon and I cannot be without a vehicle.
When I've leased in the past they would allow me to go month to month past the lease agreement if one was leasing another vehicle from them, especially if you're getting a vehicle ordered. This would not apply if your current lease was not a Jeep or Chrysler product.
Unread 04-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
mster

Right now I am being told that the JGC is at the distribution center along with many other vehicles that the dealership is waiting to receive. The rep told me that he doesn't have the VIN for my Jeep as the other dealer hasn't provided it to him yet.
Unread 04-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #10
mster

Okay I was able to get the VIN from the dealer. Where can I go to check status?
Unread 04-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #11
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

You open this link and substitute your VIN number for the VIN in the URL (1J4RR6GG0BC632947) then hit enter.

http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=24099&I NPUT_TRACEABLES=1J4RR6GG0BC632947&INPUT_SEARCH_BY= VIN&dummy=1297019464271
Unread 04-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #12
hammer1234
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
You open this link and substitute your VIN number for the VIN in the UR (1J4RR6GG0BC632947) then hit enter.
Interesting...found out that the Jeep I have was actually assembled and delivered back in July of last year. Just bought it and there weren't many miles on it at all so it must have sat around for some time.

Guess I'll have to ask about the stability control system update that I read about on the CR website.
hammer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #13
mster

Thanks, it shows my car at the distribution center and should be delivered to the dealer next week.
Unread 04-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #14
mster

On went on the site to check vehicle site, and see that my status has changed. It had shown the vehicle unloaded from the rail car on 4/1 as current status and to be delivered to dealer tomorrow 3(4/11).

Now it shows current status as "unloaded from railcar" on 4/1 and future status as "unloaded from railcar" on 4/10 (today) and "delivered to dealer" as 4/12.

Does that make any sense?
Unread 04-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #15
shmoods
2014 WK 

Mine said the same weird stuff when it was delivered. On the top showed deliver date on the 21st and the dealer got it on the 15th??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.