730N RHR issues.....lets hear them... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 730N RHR issues.....lets hear them...

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 09-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
7BARFUN
2011 WK 

My 730N RHR constantly deletes the "guide me home" address. It also deletes addresses that I have saved.
I haven't seen complaints about this. Anyone else experiencing these issues? I'm hoping for a software update. I have not discussed it with the dealer because I really don't want them tearing apart my dash at this time. Also, poor compatibility with the iPhone 4. This is a 2011 Overland with a build date in June.

Last edited by 7BARFUN; 09-09-2011 at 11:38 AM..
7BARFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
Intensemojo
2011 WK 

My home address disappears when I put in a out of state address as a new destination.
Intensemojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 05:12 AM   #3
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I've seen the forgetting home thing mentioned several times and on several different forums. Seems they all do that for one reason or another.
ColdCase is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
Osubeaver

Connectivity with iPhone is no issue but YES it did delete my home address once and I didn't think much of it but see that it is a big problem from what is on this post.
Osubeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
weebs74
2011 WK 

mine will not play music from my 5th gen ipod. everything from jeep says it works. I went to the dealership, sat in another 2011 Limited and the ipod worked immediately. BS!
Unread 09-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
sidneyj

Couple questions. How do you know which 730N one has? And, my home address was also deleted automatically. Is there a fix for this?
sidneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #7
kindnug23
2011 WK 

My home address is constantly being deleted as well, in addition to my Sirius Travel link Favorites (sports teams, etc.) I've taken it in to two different dealers now and neither could do anything because there is nothing out from Chrysler addressing this problem at the time. This seems to be their response with every single issue - if there's no TSB then you're SOL.
kindnug23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #8
sidneyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindnug23 View Post
My home address is constantly being deleted as well, in addition to my Sirius Travel link Favorites (sports teams, etc.) I've taken it in to two different dealers now and neither could do anything because there is nothing out from Chrysler addressing this problem at the time. This seems to be their response with every single issue - if there's no TSB then you're SOL.
This seems unacceptable.
Unread 09-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #9
7BARFUN
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyj
Couple questions. How do you know which 730N one has? And, my home address was also deleted automatically. Is there a fix for this?
Look at the bottom right corner for the letters.

We need a fix on the radio. Come on Chrysler!
Unread 09-12-2011, 10:04 PM   #10
Cochon
2012 WK 

Pretty nice unit when it works, although my few tries with the nav haven't exactly bowled us over. Uconnect has worked so far, as has USB and all the various modes (hard drive, AM, FM, bird).

The real issue we have, like many others, is vanishing presets and home setting. Presets thus far have been utterly unpredictable, and the home setting vanishes faster than a dollar in Washington. Radio software has traditionally been a rough zone, because radio firms are managed by radio folks, not software types.
Cochon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
sidneyj

So I wonder if the "RER" unit is plug and play for those with the "RNR"? And what's the RER got or doesn't have that the RNR does or doesn't?

I tried searching. Edit: I found this: http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_navigation.htm

The RER is discontinued.

Does anyone know how many contacts the address book stores?

Last edited by sidneyj; 09-13-2011 at 07:58 AM..
Unread 09-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
Nomids
2012 WK 

My truck has been great, but the RHR has been an issue since day 2. MY limited is 11 days old. Picked up the truck on a Friday with radio, nav, uconnect, and usb working fine. Saturday evening (about 26 hours after I picked up the truck), I go to leave the house and the touch screen was stuck on the accept message that we all see when the truck is started. I shut the truck off and restarted it a few times, but I couldn't get rid of the message. Pushed all the buttons for menu, etc. Couldn't get the "accept" message to go away. Sunday morning, I start the truck and the accept message is gone, but the nav has lost it's mind (saying it has no maps) and neither usb port will recognize my phone to play music. Radio and uconnect work perfectly though. Monday was labor day so the dealer wasn't doing service. Took my 4 day old truck back to the dealer on Tuesday and they pull the radio to get the serial number off the back. They promise to order me a new one that afternoon and have the shipping expedited. Dealer calls on Wednesday evening to say that they need the truck back to do a required diagnostic on the radio. Grr. Why didn't they do it while I was there on Tuesday?! They need the truck for a few hours to do the diagnostic. The diagnostic is done through a web portal that is only available Monday to Thursday 9AM - 5PM... sigh. Thursday was booked and they couldn't fit me in so I brought the truck back yesterday (Monday). I haven't heard anything from them so I assume that the new radio has been ordered. Fingers crossed that I'll have the new radio for the weekend.
Nomids is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #13
7BARFUN
2011 WK 

Nomids,

PM when your problem with the radio is resolved.
Unread 09-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #14
Dan-67
2011 WK 

Mine seems to forget where "Home" is too, along with the favorite sport teams.

I have a somewhat related question... Why when playing my iPod Classic through the usb cable located in the center armrest does the "Aux" number change every time a new song is played?
Dan-67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #15
cnims

I'm having issues with the RHR and a iPod Classic 5th gen. For some reason, some tracks will play in double speed after starting up. Hitting the forward and back button corrects it, but it's annoying.

Has anyone played around the voice recognition? It's really bad, even after doing the training. I have a very hard time using it to call any contacts from my address book.

Dan-67, the number after AUX represents the track number in the playlist.
cnims is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.