4x4 slight pulse while breaking? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 4x4 slight pulse while breaking?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 06-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
oakley7

4x4 slight pulse while breaking?

Good evening all... Just got a 70th anniversary v6 4x4 this past weekend. After driving to and from work this past week and a few errands this weekend, i have just under 200 miles on my Jeep. I absolutely love the truck but think something may be wrong.

I have noticed that sometimes when braking normally, there is a slight pulse in the brake pedal and the steering wheel shakes slightly... I am wondering if this is due to the car being new and the brakes needing to be broken in, or if this is something i should go to the dealer to check out...

Has anyone else experienced this? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

oakley7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I felt this on one of the cars I test drove. Most likely a warped rotor. Braking should be smooth from the start.
ColdCase is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 07:32 AM   #3
hammer1234
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
I felt this on one of the cars I test drove. Most likely a warped rotor. Braking should be smooth from the start.
I felt it on a test drive and I also had this on my new Jeep when I first drove it...but it seemed to go away within about 500 miles or so.

Think brakes are covered under warranty for the first 12K miles so you might want to give it a bit of time.
hammer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
oakley7

A warbed rotor with less than 200 miles? It is gettting a little better... I think ill wait until 500mi or sothen see if its completely gone... regardless when I get my 1st oil change I'm having them check it too.
oakley7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.