4th Engine Light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 4th Engine Light

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 01-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
aquabear

4th Engine Light

Hey all!
I have a 2014 Summit and I do love 99% of her.
I am almost at the end of my frustration with such a beautiful truck/SUV/Jeep.

She's roomy, powerful, large sunroof and beautiful!

We've owned her since May 2013 about 8 months and shes def a love at first sight but the history of 4 engine lights SUCKS! First they said it needed the upgrade, 2nd time I can't remember, 3rd time said it was the emissions-a part inside the gas tank they had to remove just fixed Jan 2nd 2014, now tonight I don't know WTF this is.

I need some guidance, advice on what to do besides call to complain to the Dealership what else can be done. Contact Corporate? Log a complaint?

Thanks all in advance for your help.

aquabear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
mx71
2013 WK 

Personally, this is why I don't buy the first model year of anything. Correct me people if I'm wrong, but there's nothing you really can do except keep taking it to get fixed, unless it's the same problem over and over. I do recall that there have been a few cases that it had to be taken to the dealer so much, and caused such an inconvenience in people's lives (missing work/childcare etc.) that Chrysler bought the vehicle back, but that is a very lengthy process.
mx71 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #3
13ovsummit
2013 WK 

You might try a different dealer than the one you've been going to. Some dealers are pitiful service-wise - others are great.
13ovsummit is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
aquabear

Thanks for replying all.
I have read NYS new car lemon laws and this 4th one fits that category of finding a car a "Lemon", new car, under 18k and 4th repair.

I've never had a lemon car before, it kinda sucks.

Maybe with a little positive thoughts this check engine light will be fixed quick n easy then it will never come up again!

The dealer has been in business for years, this is the dealer I bought the Jeep from. The other closer dealer kinda just started business- so not too comfortable with a new tech fixing her.

Any other advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again.
aquabear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.