Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

430N/RHB Navigation Issue

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JeepCares 
#1 ·
I know there are tons of threads about this issue, but i still can't seem to find a solution, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

My 2013 Grand Cherokee with the Uconnect 430N/RHB unit gets stuck on the "Guidance by Garmin" screen. It used to only happen every so often, but now its just permanently stuck there whenever i touch the NAV button. Everything else on the Uconnect system works perfectly fine.

I recently tried loading the new firmware update via USB and the screen comes up as "no files." Uconnect support told me i should just take it to the dealer lol. I don't think that will fix my navigation issue anyway, so I'm not too concerned right now.

I am aware some people are on their 3rd, 4th, and 5th uconnect unit, covered under extended warranty. Anyone have any way of knowing whether mine would be covered? I'm a BMW technician and I've been in the business for 10 years now, so I would much rather be certain about warranty coverage before i get hit with fees at the dealer just to "inspect" it and tell me its not covered.

So with that being said, my question is; how the hell can i fix my nav without giving the dealer money, or will the dealer cover the replacement of the uconnect unit under extended warranty?

Thanks in advance :cheers2::cheers2::cheers2:

See less See more
#2 ·
I believe you can buy a replacement hard drive, if you want to try that route. But then it looks like that may not fix NAV issues. It may be a NAV board problem.

http://www.mygig-disk.com/index-rhb.php

I just asked the dealer about warranty coverage on an unrelated item. The service manager says, for borderline cases, they put the VIN and part number into the system and FCA comes back with coverage info. But the dealer does enough diagnostics to know what part and reason code to put in... a catch 22. Dunno if they can or would be willing to just query the system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.