430N Navigation question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 430N Navigation question

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough**Flash Weekend Sale** Rockridge4wd.com Only!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-17-2015, 01:14 PM   #1
drburgh66

430N Navigation question

Alright, new to this forum and I'm sure that this topic has been covered ad nauseum but I have just one simple question. I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the standard 130 radio. I have Sirius and the connectivity package with the USB port in the center console and bluetooth. I am looking to upgrade to the 430 RBZ or the 430N RHB model. I've done my research and know that I need to get a radio with the high speed bus and mounting screws will be on the top and bottom. I know that the RBZ is pretty easy, plug and play and all the voice commands, steering wheel controls and bluetooth will not be affected. My question is about the 430N RHB model. I read somewhere that as long as you have Sirius satellite the 430N RHB unit uses the same antennae as Sirius and a new antennae is not needed and I can install the RHB and be on my merry way using the navigation on the 430 RHB model. I don't want to spend the extra money on the RHB unit if I have to upgrade the antennae. Is anybody able to confirm this?

Thanks

drburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2015, 01:49 PM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Dunno about the antenna, but you may want to make sure you get the security code for the new radio. I think 2012s are picky about it.
Unread 07-17-2015, 02:04 PM   #3
XJ2WK2
2011 WK 

I can confirm, I had the 130 w/ sirius and the package with the usb in the center console. Got a 430n out of a 2011 and sirius and nav worked great, I think I read somewhere they use the same antenna? Like coldcase said, there are years that need a security code, and of course be aware of the mounting screw locations. Other than that it's a 15 minute job. Then look for some of the threads to get the nav updated to some new maps!
XJ2WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2015, 02:20 PM   #4
drburgh66

Excellent! Thanks for all the info. I always keep the security codes in mind. I always check with any of the sellers on Ebay to make sure they can provide the code. No code. No sale. Figured if I keep my eyes open I may be able to get a good deal on one with nav.
Unread 07-18-2015, 11:47 PM   #5
eibyer

I also upgraded from a 130 to 430 to 430N, nothing to mess with as far as antenna. If the radio has anti-theft on the front bezel make sure you get the security code as others mentioned.
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2015, 12:56 PM   #6
drburgh66

Anyone know if a MyGig RHB from a 2013 Dodge Durango would fit in a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee? Also, has anyone ever had to work with the dealer to get the theft codes? I found a nav unit on Ebay from a 2013 Dodge Durango that has a manufacture date of 2012 and the mounting posts are on the top and bottom. Model number P05091344AD. It has all the connections but I'm not sure of the bus speed. Also, if it's a pain to get the codes from the dealer then this thing is no better than installing a brick into my car. The seller has the VIN# of the vehicle it came out of but not the four digit code.
Unread 07-20-2015, 01:46 PM   #7
XJ2WK2
2011 WK 

Factory part numbers are here: http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_navigation.htm Not sure I would touch any that aren't listed... Sorry can't help with the codes...
XJ2WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2015, 08:14 AM   #8
drburgh66

One last question and I think I have this radio thing figured out. Confirmed a model number of a used 430N RHB unit from a 2011 Grand Cherokee. 2011 build date and no antitheft moniker on the front so I don't believe I have to worry about a code. Will that radio fit and work in a 2012 Grand Cherokee? Just wanting to make sure I have everything covered so I don't have to return the unit if I purchase it.
Unread 07-21-2015, 01:02 PM   #9
eibyer

The mounting holes and security codes (if applicable) are the only things you need to verify. If the holes line up, then you should be set.
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.