3 green red / cars on nav? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 3 green red / cars on nav?

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
hutchison101
2011 WK 

3 green red / cars on nav?

What are the three cars on the upper right screen of the nav mean?

hutchison101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
plynn7
2014 WK 

It indicates the Sirius traffic service.
plynn7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
Iamnid
2011 WK 

Is this only available on certain models? I've never seen this on my 430n
Iamnid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
plynn7
2014 WK 

Sirius Traffic is only on the 730N models.
plynn7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
hutchison101
2011 WK 

Ok. That makes sense.

Thanks.
hutchison101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
tomdietrying

Is that the city traffic like channel 137 for Dallas, Houston, and Phoenix traffic? I have that on my Sirius.

Is there something else that works with your GPS to show you where the city is congested and maybe where to take alternate routes? I think it is an extra cost. Did I just dream that up or did I really hear that somewhere?

Thanks.

Tom
tomdietrying is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The 730N (dunno about 2014 but its probably similar) will display traffic on the map in yellow for slow and red for stop. Similar to stand alone GPS units where you subscribe to a traffic service. The radio also provides the routing option of automatically routing around traffic. Three green cars means everything is OK on your route, red means traffic is stopped somewhere along the route, orange means you are not subscribed.

As far as performance, you are typically into a traffic jam before you are alerted and find yourself routed around jams that have already cleared. It does a decent job with construction backups as those are typically longer duration.

Google maps, etc. on your smartphone or iPad has better performance, but not without issues.

I ride cross country with an iPad mounted within sight just so I can study traffic conditions on a large area map as I go.
Unread 09-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
rmcalis
2011 WK 

I had Sirius traffic on my '11 730n radio. It was horribly inaccurate as far as indicating stop and go traffic, often showing a highway congested long after rush hour traffic, and showing a highway clear when it was actually stop and go with an accident. After the free year was up, I did not renew. I understand some of the portable units are better.
rmcalis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.