3.6 programmer? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 3.6 programmer?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #16
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

ABS programing and body modules are example of things that use the same computer, so its more than simply an engine thing. And given that all Chrysler code is proprietary and locked down, they pretty much have to reverse engineer everything. Look how long it took diablo to fix the WK2 ABS warning light.

Gear swaps for the metric gears, forget it. Its not new to the WK2, WK owners have been trying to get a gear vendor to make up some for years, never going to happen.

Unread 05-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #17
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase
ABS programing and body modules are example of things that use the same computer, so its more than simply an engine thing. And given that all Chrysler code is proprietary and locked down, they pretty much have to reverse engineer everything. Look how long it took diablo to fix the WK2 ABS warning light.

Gear swaps for the metric gears, forget it. Its not new to the WK2, WK owners have been trying to get a gear vendor to make up some for years, never going to happen.
Thank you mate
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #18
jonballi
2012 JK Wrangler 

My thought that the tunes will not work is due to the fact the the Grand Cherokee is flex fuel engine. What I would give to copy the E85 tune from a Grand Cherokee and load it on my JKU!
jonballi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 12:47 AM   #19
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonballi View Post
My thought that the tunes will not work is due to the fact the the Grand Cherokee is flex fuel engine. What I would give to copy the E85 tune from a Grand Cherokee and load it on my JKU!
E85 tunes on stock vehicles suck. They are so conservative with timing advance and such the lose a lot of mpg's. You would be better off doing something aftermarket tuner wise.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #20
jonballi
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveracing1988 View Post
E85 tunes on stock vehicles suck. They are so conservative with timing advance and such the lose a lot of mpg's. You would be better off doing something aftermarket tuner wise.
I have run into startup issues with custom E85 tunes on non flex fuel vehicles. But that being said, would still like to have a copy to tweak.
jonballi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #21
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungerer View Post
If you have a look on ripp superchargers face book page you will see a lot of people would like there v6 done . And yes I know (supercharger ) but they have to chip it too .
But is it a lot compared to the total market for tuners? That's what they base their decisions on. Please understand that it's clear that many folks with the V6 might like to have this capability, but the development cost has to be covered as well as a likely profit margin stream for any company to commit to something like this. It's already a niche market.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.